Making Strides this morning for ALL of you!!

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi!! I'm sitting here finishing up my tea, dreading the fact that I have to wake up my husband, daughters, and niece soon to get us all ready for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk this morning! I wanted to share my team news with you all - when I started the team I set a goal of $1000. Since I was dx in June we didn't have time to do any major fundraisers - just online donations & I sent out a fundraising letter to friends & family. Since signing up, my team has grown to almost 50 members!!! We've raised $1621.00 - and with a $500 grant from Kohl's department stores plus the money my teammates will be turning in today, I believe our team goal will be doubled, and then some!! I'm also thrilled that my mom is feeling well enough to come out for a little bit - she's going to be there for me when I give my speech & for the beginning of the walk :) I'm so proud of her! (and i'd also like to send you a quick THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has, and is still, suporting my my with your wonderful letters and cards - they mean the world to her & it makes me feel to good to see her light up when she gets one). I'll have to type in my speech so you can all read it when i get back home today, but the basic outline is I thank all the walkers - thank & acknowledge my team - thank my husband & all caretakers of women going thru BC - and I thank the ACS for being a local resource for people with cancer, and especially for having the CSN available on their website - and I give special thanks and acknowledgement to all of my pink warrior sisters on here. I then tell my dx story up to chemo - then add how mom was diagnosed & how i started taking care of HER in the midst of chemo, and how we were together for her 1st and my 5th chemo - acknowledging her strength as a woman & how her raising me to be strong has gotten me through this (i know, i can already foresee not a dry eye in the house...) - then i go on how im walking for mom, and for camryn and lia, and for all of you.
That's my speech in a nutshell. I practically wrote every word down so I wouldn't forget anything so im pretty sure it will be more of me reading my paper up there than just giving a speech, but it really doesn't matter how the words come out, as long as I say them. Hope you all have a great day, and sorry if your feet feel sore this afternoon, it's because I'm taking every one of you with me on my walk, and up on that stage with me.
Here's to us!
*peace, hugs, LOVE, and strength*
Heather

Comments

• MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Have fun with it!
    Good luck Heather! We will all be there with you too. The speech sounds great and I would love to see the whole thing. You are amazing and I am proud that you are getting up there and representing us all. How lucky are we to have such a great role model! Knock 'em dead!
    Michelle
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    heather, i wish you a wonderful day!
    heather, i wish you a wonderful day! your speech sounds great. glad that we will all be there with you in spirit, but sure do wish i could really be there for you! you are an amazing pink warrior and i am proud to call you my sister!

hugs to you from heidi
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Wow, that is wonderful. Post
    Wow, that is wonderful. Post pics when you get a chance.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Thanks! I did it - walked
    Thanks! I did it - walked the whole 3 miles - I'm proud of myself - but sore :) I was so happy that my mom was able to come out for the beginning of the walk & my speech too! They ended up interviewing me on the news, once that's available online I'll post a link! And, my husband taped my speech on our camera - if i can post video on here i'll figure out how to do that & share it with you. But not right now - im going to eat some pizza with my girls & go soak my tired muscles in the hot tub!!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

Thanks! I did it - walked the whole 3 miles - I'm proud of myself - but sore :) I was so happy that my mom was able to come out for the beginning of the walk & my speech too! They ended up interviewing me on the news, once that's available online I'll post a link! And, my husband taped my speech on our camera - if i can post video on here i'll figure out how to do that & share it with you. But not right now - im going to eat some pizza with my girls & go soak my tired muscles in the hot tub!!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Thank YOU, Heather!!
    Your speech sounds awesome; I can't wait to read it. Thanks for taking all of us along and for the recognition. It's sisters like you that make all the difference and you are a credit to this board with your humor, experience and just general caring attitude. Enjoy your pizza and I'll check back later.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Thank YOU, Heather!!
    Your speech sounds awesome; I can't wait to read it. Thanks for taking all of us along and for the recognition. It's sisters like you that make all the difference and you are a credit to this board with your humor, experience and just general caring attitude. Enjoy your pizza and I'll check back later.

What a wonderful way to get the word out to fellow
    sisters in PINK .. battleing this beast! Not to mention ... representing the hundred's of us ACS Warriors .. way to go! We are sooooooo PROUD of you!!! and to have mom there .. supporting you!

Tears of joy ... Please post so we can catch your speach!

Rest, enjoy your pizza and go take on the rest of your day!

Strength and Courage

♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸ Vicki Sam ♩♫♬♪♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    VickiSam said:

What a wonderful way to get the word out to fellow
    sisters in PINK .. battleing this beast! Not to mention ... representing the hundred's of us ACS Warriors .. way to go! We are sooooooo PROUD of you!!! and to have mom there .. supporting you!

Tears of joy ... Please post so we can catch your speach!

Rest, enjoy your pizza and go take on the rest of your day!

Strength and Courage

♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸ Vicki Sam ♩♫♬♪♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸

Thank you~
    ~~and you are sportin' some rockin' ta-ta's my friend!! You look great! (IF that is you in the "pink".)
    Melanie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

*hugs*
    Heather

So proud of you Heather. I
    So proud of you Heather. I can't wait to read your speech, hear it maybe and see any pics you might have of the event. Way to Go, Girl!!

Stef