Nite of Light Laughter

roseann4
roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

I'm so excited! My wonderful husband bought VIP tickets to see Lily Tomlin tonight at the Bushnell Theater in Hartford, CT. They have it every October featuring different comedians. It is a bc fundraiser as well. I have been a big fan for years. Anyone remember "All of Me" with Stever Martin or "Big Business" with Bette Midler? How about "Laugh In"? Nice to have a fun night out and I plan to laugh all night long.

Roseann

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    LOVE Lily Tomlin!!!
    I'm SO jealous!! I absolutely ADORE Lily Tomlin!! All of Me & Big Business were 2 of my favorite movies when I was a kid - and who can forget her in 9 to 5??!! And The Incredible Shrinking Woman??!!
    You will have a fun filled night-I'm sure! Enjoy enjoy!!
    And that thing in Big Business, when her country character used to shaker her bracelets to make a rattlesnake sound, then hiss - my mom & i still do that to each other & say "You can't outsnake me" - lol.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

LOVE Lily Tomlin!!!
    I'm SO jealous!! I absolutely ADORE Lily Tomlin!! All of Me & Big Business were 2 of my favorite movies when I was a kid - and who can forget her in 9 to 5??!! And The Incredible Shrinking Woman??!!
    You will have a fun filled night-I'm sure! Enjoy enjoy!!
    And that thing in Big Business, when her country character used to shaker her bracelets to make a rattlesnake sound, then hiss - my mom & i still do that to each other & say "You can't outsnake me" - lol.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Lily Tomlin is incredible ... I hope you enjoy
    yourself - and have wonderful night out .. You soooooooooo Deserve it!

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Lily Tomlin is incredible ... I hope you enjoy
    yourself - and have wonderful night out .. You soooooooooo Deserve it!

Vicki Sam

love her , it sounds so fun,
    love her , it sounds so fun, have a great time!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    That sounds wonderful!
    That sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Linda
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I love Lily, too. You will
    I love Lily, too. You will have a wonderful time. Enjoy it and the company of your wonderful husband. There will be plenty of laughter for you tonight. Have fun!!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Woo Woo
    "Is this the party to whom I am speaking" - Love Lilly Tomlin!!! Have a great night out and enjoy and tell us all about it!
    Hugs - Pat
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Roseann
    hope you & your husband have a wonderful time at the Bushnell tonight. Laughter is good for the body and the soul :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    cahjah75 said:

Roseann
    hope you & your husband have a wonderful time at the Bushnell tonight. Laughter is good for the body and the soul :-)
    {{hugs}} Char

She's so funny!
    Yes, laugh it up! It's GOOD for you.

Have a blast!

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    sea60 said:

She's so funny!
    Yes, laugh it up! It's GOOD for you.

Have a blast!

Blessings,

Sylvia

Lily Tomlin gave me a big hug!
    It was one of the best times I've ever had. Because we have VIP tickets, we were invited to a pre-show party with limo service to the Bushnall for the show. Our seats were in the second row center. After the show (very funny of course), my husband surprised me again. He had taken time at the party to ask for permission to go backstage and have my picture taken with Lily. For some reason, the man said yes! I told her she was my 60th birthday present (my birthday is in 2 weeks but I asked for Lily instead of a party). She reached out for me an gave me a big bear hug. I couldn't believe. Sorry if I seem star struck....I am. That was a night I'll never forget.

Roseann
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I heard about this on local radio station
    I live in NY-sounds like great time...ejoy! I think of laugh in..I think on tric!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    roseann4 said:

It was one of the best times I've ever had. Because we have VIP tickets, we were invited to a pre-show party with limo service to the Bushnall for the show. Our seats were in the second row center. After the show (very funny of course), my husband surprised me again. He had taken time at the party to ask for permission to go backstage and have my picture taken with Lily. For some reason, the man said yes! I told her she was my 60th birthday present (my birthday is in 2 weeks but I asked for Lily instead of a party). She reached out for me an gave me a big bear hug. I couldn't believe. Sorry if I seem star struck....I am. That was a night I'll never forget.

Roseann

AWWHHH Roseann im jealous
    AWWHHH Roseann im jealous now...i love Lilly and you got a hug from her....what a great birthday present!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    roseann4 said:

Roseann

Roseann
    How awesome to not only see her show but to get a big birthday hug from Lily Tomlin is priceless. What a great hubby you have in arranging it. He's a keeper. Your seats are in a great spot too.
    {{hugs}} Char