MRI tomorrow....UPDATE....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had so many takes from my mammo that they had to print the films, couldn't fit it all on a CD....

"Tiny hammers, in the sky....." (LOL)

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    good luck with the mri. . .
    thoughts and prayers being sent your way!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Best wishes and prayers,
    Best wishes and prayers, Kathi. xoxoxo Lynn
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thinking of you
    Kathi -

Let us know how it goes.

(((HUGS)))
    Cindy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    We're praying for you, Kathi
    Hang in there, lady! It's going to be 100% B9!

Love,
    Moopy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Moopy23 said:

We're praying for you, Kathi
    Hang in there, lady! It's going to be 100% B9!

Love,
    Moopy

Kathi .. Take it easy .. and a deep breathe
    MRI .. noise is the most annoying thing about this procedure. Good Luck, and take care of yourself!

Strength and Courage

♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸♩♫♬♪♥.• Vicki Sam ¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and energy your way. Let us know when you are given the ALL CLEAR!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I failed...sigh...
    NO ONE told me (I guess I should have guessed, sigh) that I would be laying on my belly with my arms over my head, in a VERY uncomfortable position, for about 30 minutes....and, as each section was processed, the pillow my arms were on shifted away from me, pulling my arms even more...

I have joint pain from the Tamoxifen, and shoulder pain from the ice skating fall last winter, so I NEVER lay on my belly with my arms stretched without some MAJOR DRUGS for the pain!!!!

Also, I was not told this is done with contrast (some MRI's are, some not), and if I know that it is, I take antihistamines before to cut down on the allergic reaction. Finally, the tech obviously had not read the sheet I had filled out...about my implants...she said "Oh! Well, that makes a difference!".

So, I told them to stop....also, they had nothing more than foam ear plugs for the noise...NOT GOOD!

I called my onc, and they will reschedule with another facility....

Hugs you you all who sent up good vibes!

Hugs, Kathi
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    KathiM said:

I failed...sigh...
    NO ONE told me (I guess I should have guessed, sigh) that I would be laying on my belly with my arms over my head, in a VERY uncomfortable position, for about 30 minutes....and, as each section was processed, the pillow my arms were on shifted away from me, pulling my arms even more...

I have joint pain from the Tamoxifen, and shoulder pain from the ice skating fall last winter, so I NEVER lay on my belly with my arms stretched without some MAJOR DRUGS for the pain!!!!

Also, I was not told this is done with contrast (some MRI's are, some not), and if I know that it is, I take antihistamines before to cut down on the allergic reaction. Finally, the tech obviously had not read the sheet I had filled out...about my implants...she said "Oh! Well, that makes a difference!".

So, I told them to stop....also, they had nothing more than foam ear plugs for the noise...NOT GOOD!

I called my onc, and they will reschedule with another facility....

Hugs you you all who sent up good vibes!

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi
    so sorry your experience was not what you exprected. My breast MRI was done with me lying on my stomach for 45 min. I did have an iv contrast too. I have no left shoulder and a reverse total shoulder implant so they strapped my arms to the side of my body. Yes, it is uncomfortable and noisy. Hope the next time it works out better for you.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Thinking of you Kathi!!!
    and hoping for the best.

love
    Ayse
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    aysemari said:

Thinking of you Kathi!!!
    and hoping for the best.

love
    Ayse

Kathi, Sorry the MRI didn't
    Kathi, Sorry the MRI didn't work out this time. I can't even get an MRI unless its an open one, so you're one brave lady. Hope the next time everything is right and your news is good. Take care of yourself. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Sunrae said:

Kathi, Sorry the MRI didn't
    Kathi, Sorry the MRI didn't work out this time. I can't even get an MRI unless its an open one, so you're one brave lady. Hope the next time everything is right and your news is good. Take care of yourself. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Geez~
    We really have to be our own advocates for our own health issues!! Stand up and take control~that is what you did~Way to go girl! U take charge!!
    Keeping you in my prayers~
    Melanie
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

Geez~
    We really have to be our own advocates for our own health issues!! Stand up and take control~that is what you did~Way to go girl! U take charge!!
    Keeping you in my prayers~
    Melanie

I've never had a MRI where I
    I've never had a MRI where I laid on my stomach! thank goodness I never lay that way either. Its uncomfortable enough laying there on my back. Im sorry you had such a hard time!