My sister's lumpectomy

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
is tomorrow morning. Our surgeon will remove the cancerous area and insert device for radiation so that she'll only go for 5 days 2x/day instead of 6 weeks like she did 9 years ago. Please keep her in your prayers that all is successful.
Char

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Char, you and your sister
    Char, you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how she does.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Char,
    Hope everything goes well for your sister tomorrow. I will keep her in my prayers. Hugs, Jean
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Hoping
    all goes well for your sister tomorrow. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Hugs
    Georgia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Char, you and your sister
    Char, you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how she does.

Char,
    I will keep both of

Char,
    I will keep both of you in my prayers and good thoughts.
    Stef
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    ladyg said:

Hoping
    all goes well for your sister tomorrow. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Hugs
    Georgia

Sending lots of prayers for
    Sending lots of prayers for your sister!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    fauxma said:

Char,
    I will keep both of

Char,
    I will keep both of you in my prayers and good thoughts.
    Stef

Sorry I am late, but, I am
    Sorry I am late, but, I am sending prayers to you Char and your sister.

Hugs, Diane
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Ritzy said:

Sending lots of prayers for
    Sending lots of prayers for your sister!

Sue :)

Still keeping you and your
    Still keeping you and your sister in my prayers too!

Big hugs, Megan
  • cahjah75
    Her news
    was not as expected. She went to see surgeon on Tuesday to go over pathology report. There was evidence of LCIS near where he performed the lumpectomy. So, because of our family history he recommended removal of the LCIS. He removed the temporary balloon for the rads and she goes back to the hospital next Wednesday for a second surgery. He will insert the temporary rads balloon and then the permanent one a few days later. Then she can have the rads for 5 days 2x/day. She wasn't happy about the delay but what choice does she have. DCIS lumpectomy/rads/Tamoxifen 9 years ago and now DCIS/LCIS/rads. I hope this is it........ Mentally it becomes very draining. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers. Maybe you could continue keeping us in your prayers for a while longer.
    Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    cahjah75 said:

Her news
    was not as expected. She went to see surgeon on Tuesday to go over pathology report. There was evidence of LCIS near where he performed the lumpectomy. So, because of our family history he recommended removal of the LCIS. He removed the temporary balloon for the rads and she goes back to the hospital next Wednesday for a second surgery. He will insert the temporary rads balloon and then the permanent one a few days later. Then she can have the rads for 5 days 2x/day. She wasn't happy about the delay but what choice does she have. DCIS lumpectomy/rads/Tamoxifen 9 years ago and now DCIS/LCIS/rads. I hope this is it........ Mentally it becomes very draining. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers. Maybe you could continue keeping us in your prayers for a while longer.
    Char

Char,
    Sorry to hear about your sisters report. You both will continue to be in my prayers. Hugs to you both, Jean
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    cahjah75 said:

Her news
    Char

Char,
    Thank you for the update. I will most certainly keep your sister (and all of your family) in my prayers.

With warm thoughts,

♥ Lynn ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Her news
    Char

Sorry the news wasn't good.
    Sorry the news wasn't good. I will continue to pray for your sister!
  • cahjah75
    My sister
    had the 2nd surgery yesterday and all went well. She is now awaiting the path report and hopes to start the rads next week. At least she will be having only 5 days 2x/day so she won't have to endure the 6 weeks like she did 9 years ago. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers. This has been stressful for all 4 of us. So far my youngest sister is the only one to have eluded the dreaded bc but she did have a benign tumor when she was 16. I'm just praying that there is some end in sight for all of us.
    Char
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    sending positve thoughts
    Dear Char,
    Sending you and your sister postive thoughts and prayers. Sorry you both have to deal with the beast. Hang in there and keep us posted.
    Big Hugs to both of you, K
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cahjah75 said:

My sister
    had the 2nd surgery yesterday and all went well. She is now awaiting the path report and hopes to start the rads next week. At least she will be having only 5 days 2x/day so she won't have to endure the 6 weeks like she did 9 years ago. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers. This has been stressful for all 4 of us. So far my youngest sister is the only one to have eluded the dreaded bc but she did have a benign tumor when she was 16. I'm just praying that there is some end in sight for all of us.
    Char

Praying for light at the end
    Praying for light at the end of the tunnel for your sister and you Char. There is, just stay strong and let us help however we can.

Hugs, Diane
  • cahjah75
    Pathology
    report showed all clear. Surgeon got it all this time. On Monday she will have a permanent rads device implanted. On Tuesday she'll have a CAT scan to make sure it's in place. Wednesday she starts 5 days of 2x/day rads. I'm hopeful this is the end of her 9 year journey with bc. She hasn't mentioned if she needs to take a pill again. She already took Tamoxifen for 5 years so maybe not. My family needs positive news. Thanks for the prayers.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    My sister
    had the permanent rad device inserted on Monday at the surgeon's office. She said it was very unpleasant and has several tubes coming out of her chest. She said because she has small breasts it's like a basket where the radiation will be targeted. She had CT scan yesterday to make sure everything was in place and was marked. Tomorrow she starts the 1st of 2x/day rads for 5 days and then the device will be removed by her radiologist/oncologist. As it turned out she started the rads yesterday. She has nine tubes coming out of her breast and each one is hooked up for the rads. The rads themselves only took 10 min. Whew! I'm hoping this recurrence is her last. She doesn't know yet if he'll have her take Arimidex or not. She has osteoporosis so she would rather not and she took Tamoxifen for 5 years already.
    At least she too can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Char
  • cahjah75
    I took
    my sister to her final radiation last Tuesday and afterwards the radiologist/oncologist removed the device. She was so relieved and said she's not sure she would go that route again. Yes duration much shorter 5 days instead of 6 weeks. But, driving back and forth 2x a day was a lot, let alone feeling like a freak with 9 tubes coming out of her breast. She is celebrating though because it's over........
    Char
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    cahjah75 said:

I took
    my sister to her final radiation last Tuesday and afterwards the radiologist/oncologist removed the device. She was so relieved and said she's not sure she would go that route again. Yes duration much shorter 5 days instead of 6 weeks. But, driving back and forth 2x a day was a lot, let alone feeling like a freak with 9 tubes coming out of her breast. She is celebrating though because it's over........
    Char

Did she have mammosite?
    I had a lumpectomy and SNB last Thursday and have a CED (temp. Mammosite) in my breast. I will have internal radiation twice a day for five days but will have only 1 tube coming out of the side of my breast. My BS told me it would not hurt but now I am considering premedicating myself with pain meds tomorrow before he removes temp. balloon and replaces it with mammosite balloon.