Poss Endometrial Cancer

I finally had the Robotic Surgery on Monday 09/20/10. I have 5 small incisions and it was definitely an experience. I will hopefully receive the biopsy report next week. I had a wonderful Gyn Oncologist. She was caring and had a terrific bedside manner. Thanks for all your comments.

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    ((Hugs)) There's a UTERINE CANCER discussion board here.
    Please click on "DISCUSSION BOARDS" from the menu to your left, and when the various discussion boards pop up, scroll down and choose 'UTERINE CANCER' from that menu. From there you will find a large community of women with your same cancer, many of which had the Da Vinci robotic surgery. We would all be happy to help you understand your pathology report. Please ask for a paper copy of it when you meet with your gyne-oncologist.

I did not have the Da Vinci surgery because I would have had to switch surgeons and facilities and I was afraid to lose any more time, but when I look at my huge abdominal scar now, 2 years later, I wish I would have!

Please try the other Uterine Cancer Discussion Board on this same website. There is a wealth of information and support for you there.
  • School Nurse
    School Nurse Member Posts: 5

Please click on "DISCUSSION BOARDS" from the menu to your left, and when the various discussion boards pop up, scroll down and choose 'UTERINE CANCER' from that menu. From there you will find a large community of women with your same cancer, many of which had the Da Vinci robotic surgery. We would all be happy to help you understand your pathology report. Please ask for a paper copy of it when you meet with your gyne-oncologist.

I did not have the Da Vinci surgery because I would have had to switch surgeons and facilities and I was afraid to lose any more time, but when I look at my huge abdominal scar now, 2 years later, I wish I would have!

Please try the other Uterine Cancer Discussion Board on this same website. There is a wealth of information and support for you there.

Poss Endometrial Cancer
    Thank you for your reply. I was one of the lucky ones. Nothing but precancerous cells found. My primary Gyn errs on the side of caution and I am so glad he did.
  • School Nurse
    School Nurse Member Posts: 5

Robotic Surgery
    I am OK, the cells were precancerous. The Da Vinci surgery was amazing. I was back to my normal routine in 2 weeks. Thank you for your post.