On the mend

Hissy_Fitz
Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Seeing the general surgeon on Wed. He will check the site where my old port was, take out the stitches, and then we will talk about putting in a new one. Hopefully he can do it next week.

The hand is better. Very small incision and only 5 stitches to close it. It is bliss to be free of most of the pain.

Dental appointment this AM. Labs on Wed. I am so sick of doctors, I could scream.

Carlene

Comments

• kikiz
    kikiz Member Posts: 94
    Good to see you posting
    Good to see you posting again even if it it just one handed. Glad to hear the hand is feeling better. I am always amazed at the things we now appreciate that b/c (before cancer) we took for granted. Praying for you that they can put the port back in next week.

I always look forward to the information and humor you impart on this site. Keep on moving.

Lori
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    One down
    So glad that you're mostly free of that hand pain. I'll join in on being sick of doctors, being poked and scheduling weeks that I know I'm going to be sick and exhausted!
    (((SCREAM))) :) Maria
  • wendybill
    wendybill Member Posts: 84
    Mwee said:

One down
    So glad that you're mostly free of that hand pain. I'll join in on being sick of doctors, being poked and scheduling weeks that I know I'm going to be sick and exhausted!
    (((SCREAM))) :) Maria

Hey Carlene
    I read about your surgery on line. Hope it continues to go well and you get a rest from MD's for awhile. I love your pic, BTW.
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    wendybill said:

Hey Carlene
    I read about your surgery on line. Hope it continues to go well and you get a rest from MD's for awhile. I love your pic, BTW.

Thanks...the pic is
    Thanks...the pic is post-cancer - just a snapshot my son took of me before I left for church one Saturday afternoon, in my "alternative hair" (AKA wig). When I joined I used a picture from a couple of years ago, but quickly decided that was cheating. Especially after some of the brave ladies on here posted pictures of themselves sans hair, or in Leesa G's case, with huge, purple liberty spikes. I'm really gutless, compared to them.

Carlene
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Hi Carlene
    Carlene our stories are so inter-twined (is that a word?) I am having an injection into my right wrist tomorrow because I have tendonitis and I went to the dentist last week. The good news is - My teeth are healthy. That was so nice to hear good news from someone about my health!!!"

I am so sick of medical places and I feel sick (nauseous) now whenever I go to my hospital because it always has bad news for me.

Cancer really sucks!!!!

Tina xx
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    feeling better
    Glad you are feeling better!