We're just not sexy

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

I couldn't agree more
    I even wrote an email to the Activia folks about their ads for donating to breast cancer when you buy their product.

I told them that while a cure for breast cancer was a good thing, that I thought since their product was about good digestive health they might have wanted to consider donating to colorectal cancer research!

Guess maybe we need to put a bow on a butt to make it sexy!

Good topic...glad you started this thread.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

WRITE ACTIVIA
    I went and also wrote an email to Activia folks, and asked why they couldn't change it to blue and give to research to colon cancer, with the idea of their digestive health that they are claiming.
    I hope many on the board will do the same thing.
    HERE, HERE LoveKitties!!!!!
    That was a great idea.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Perhaps... Hmmm.
    Perhaps, we should be writing her as well asking for a little assist in the colon cancer research!!!
  • herdizziness
    damama24 said:

Not sexy enough
    When I was first dx'd my youngest son noticed all the fund raising and attention paid to breast cancer. He said the same thing, boobs are sexy colons are not.
    My kids have managed to do a few small things. My daughter works in a gourmet choffee shop and the owner does a fund raiser for different organizations each month. Of course this month it's breast cancer. He asked for other suggestions and my daughter told him my mom has colon cancer and I would like to raise money for that. He totally agreed so they are putting together everything to make that happen. Likewise my sons employer does the same type of thing and he to suggested doing a fund raiser during colon cancer awareness month like they do for breast cancer each october and they agreed. It's not much but it is a start and I am proud of my kids for being able to be open about what I'm going through and trying to do what they can. Much love.
    Deb

Your Children
    How absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm so darn proud of them, and I don't even know them, I know your pride must be showing through and through!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    karguy said:

How about
    How about,give to colorectal cancer research,"the butt you save may be your own."Our car club is going to put on a car show next year at a local hospital for cancer,all cancers,not just breast cancer.Maybe someone should put on a national car show for the same thing.It's just a thought.

I like the thought
    Car show season is over here, but maybe I can check into one next spring for COLON CANCER.
    Thanks for the idea hun.
    Winter Marie
    PS I love the slogan
  • herdizziness
    maglets said:

Dearest diz
    what you say is absolutely true. It is as if the world cannot bring themselves to say or thinkpoop colon or rectal. Oprah had a great opportunity this week when she interviewed Ryan O'Neil and he was weeping about his love Farrah.....but was there one mention of the dreaded words?? NO I am not criticizing Ryan but I also get the feeling when breast is involved there is a deluge of pink....you can buy any number of pink products to support the breast campaign. My onc even said once she feels badly for her colons....they get no support.

So dizz.....I have no answer but what you say is very true...we definitely are lacking sex appeal mags

I don't watch Oprah
    But dang, what a missed opportunity, that no mention of colon cancer was mentioned.
    Very sad, very sad.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    tootsie1 said:

I agree!
    I've thought about this a lot. I love my cancer sisters who have been through breast cancer, but I do wonder, "What about us?" People really don't like to talk about it so much. I even had a woman ask me about my cancer after she saw my Relay shirt. The first question of course was, "Breat cancer?" When I told her no, I am a colon cancer survivor, she gave me a shocked look, "I didn't know women could get colon cancer!" *L* We certainly have the parts, so why not?

*hugs*
    Gail

Whattttttttttttt !!!
    Whats not sexy about a nice lookin butt ? Rectal cancer and colon cancer are direct descendants aren't they.....Nice butt with slacks pulled down about 1/3rd down on hips, and a sign that reads "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt "....written on the tush in bright red lipstick........I'd donate to it...
    @
    <
    O

Any takers ???

Im sure we could find plenty of judges...and I am definitely sure it would certainly get attention......
  • herdizziness
    Buzzard said:

Whattttttttttttt !!!
    Whats not sexy about a nice lookin butt ? Rectal cancer and colon cancer are direct descendants aren't they.....Nice butt with slacks pulled down about 1/3rd down on hips, and a sign that reads "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt "....written on the tush in bright red lipstick........I'd donate to it...
    @
    <
    O

Any takers ???

Im sure we could find plenty of judges...and I am definitely sure it would certainly get attention......

LOL Buzz
    Hmmm, come to think of it, my old arse, is still sexy, glad I still have my good looking "bootie".
    Sounds like a cute idea.
    LMAO
    Pepe's going to get to see my 1/3 down slacks, with "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt" hmmm, wait a minute, my butt isn't that big, hmmm, going to have to shorten it to "Cancer is a pain in the ARSE!!!" as he's on my facebook!!!! ROFLMAO
    Winter Marie
  • Buzzard

LOL Buzz
    Hmmm, come to think of it, my old arse, is still sexy, glad I still have my good looking "bootie".
    Sounds like a cute idea.
    LMAO
    Pepe's going to get to see my 1/3 down slacks, with "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt" hmmm, wait a minute, my butt isn't that big, hmmm, going to have to shorten it to "Cancer is a pain in the ARSE!!!" as he's on my facebook!!!! ROFLMAO
    Winter Marie

See, told ya all ya gotta do is think outside the box !!!
    Now your gonna give Pepe heart problems as well.......LOL......atta girl, that will get attention, guaranteed !!!

Love to ya, Buzz
  • herdizziness
    Kerry S said:

damn she has a hot looking colon
    Yep, you have never heard anyone say, damn she has a hot looking colon.

It comes down to when we were born we went looking for boobs and never stopped. We are prewired and programmed to love boobs.

Kerry

Kerry
    Yes, I searched my blond headed mind, and nope, can honestly say, no one has ever said to me, "My dear, my darling, you have such a hot looking colon!!!"
    You do make me laugh.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    Lori-S said:

For those interested
    I follow a blog that I think is right on the money (my twisted sense of humor). I'm not sure if some might find it offensive as it is a rather humorous take on colon cancer. She is a cartoonist. So, if you might be interested here is Amy's blog about her colorectal cancer experiences:
    http://cancerissofunny.blogspot.com/

PS: she is working on getting the colon cancer logo on a NASCAR

thanks Lori
    It gave me quite a few laughs!!!!
    Thank you for sharing her blog site.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    Buzzard said:

See, told ya all ya gotta do is think outside the box !!!
    Now your gonna give Pepe heart problems as well.......LOL......atta girl, that will get attention, guaranteed !!!

Love to ya, Buzz

Thong
    I was thinking I should wear underwear for this daring um, derriere, challenge.
    I'm thinking a thong would work best, female boxer shorts might "cover" up the whole idea.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Thong
    I was thinking I should wear underwear for this daring um, derriere, challenge.
    I'm thinking a thong would work best, female boxer shorts might "cover" up the whole idea.

dizz
    dizz I really think you are onto something....yup gotta be a thong.

the colon club has done the calendar of fronts....my daughter always teases me that my abdomen is enough to terrify small children. Actually I kind of get a kick out of the look on young residents' faces when they first encounter the 64 year old, bit tubby belly with appendix, ceasarean,colon, liver resection liver resection again and a few biopsies on the boobs...oh dear lol

mags
  • herdizziness
    maglets said:

dizz
    dizz I really think you are onto something....yup gotta be a thong.

the colon club has done the calendar of fronts....my daughter always teases me that my abdomen is enough to terrify small children. Actually I kind of get a kick out of the look on young residents' faces when they first encounter the 64 year old, bit tubby belly with appendix, ceasarean,colon, liver resection liver resection again and a few biopsies on the boobs...oh dear lol

mags

It'll be a few days
    I'm going to make my own thong. Heck, figured it should be made with blue beads, what better way to "say" colon/rectal cancer!!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    You all make me laugh....
    Where do you think semicolon came from?

Our T-shirt, courtesy of our host and hostess, from CP8, said "What's up yours?" across the back...

Stirred many reactions in downtown Ft Worth...much of which ended in alot of butt holdin'!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member

It'll be a few days
    I'm going to make my own thong. Heck, figured it should be made with blue beads, what better way to "say" colon/rectal cancer!!!

OUCH
    Just where are these beads located? Blue beaded thong worn with a what's up your butt T-shirt?
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    You'd Think
    that a country as obsessed with T's & A's as we are that it would get more attention.
    It's probably because poop comes out of "there"

Here's a slogan...
    "Fight Colon Cancer - The **** You Save Could Be Your Own"
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    PhillieG said:

You'd Think
    that a country as obsessed with T's & A's as we are that it would get more attention.
    It's probably because poop comes out of "there"

Here's a slogan...
    "Fight Colon Cancer - The **** You Save Could Be Your Own"

Awesome thread...LOL
    Awesome thread...LOL Phill-Buzz.
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Lori-S said:

Well
    Dare I say ???? I think it might be because colorectal cancer is a sh***y diease! Oooops! Hope I didn't offend anyone.

LOL
    That's funny butt so true

Brooks
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Buzzard said:

Whattttttttttttt !!!
    @
    <
    O

Any takers ???

Okay buzz
    you go first... I gotta see this
  • Buzzard
    Kenny H. said:

Awesome thread...LOL
    Awesome thread...LOL Phill-Buzz.

Great thread Dizz........
    But Brooks...Im not the one thats gonna have a beaded thong run up my arse...but ! I may if it will get some more attention to CRC and rectal cancers........I just think that there are a lot cuter butts than mine out there.......in fact, Im sure of it....LOL.......Buzz