Surgery a success

survgal
survgal Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpetomy of my right breast and a sucessessful bilateral breast lift/reduction.
Sentinal node and axilary were negative, surprised about the absence of drains but not complaining.
The toughest part was the 5 days of nausea from anesthesia, never affected me so drastically before.
Doctor will have final report on Wednesday, he feels I do not even need radiation as he suggested.
I am meeting with my oncologist who monitors my colon cancer follow ups, so I guess he makes all of the decisions.
The big C is always and forever on my mind. My daughters, friends and family suggested I enjoy my life and think about me for once, not so easy!
God bless all of you on your journey!

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Congrats!
    I had my lumpectomy March 31/09. Even though I check the boards when I can, I can honestly say that my life is back to my new normal. Sounds like you have been through this before but you can eventually put this behind you as well. I focus on today and try to control what I can by eating well and excercising. Other than that, life goes on...thank God.

Roseann
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Congratulations on your
    Congratulations on your surgery.. I bet your glad that's behind you right.. Lucky you no drains. That's great!! Sorry you had a hard time with the anesthesia.. I wish you luck with the final report. Praying all turns out well for you. I know what you mean about it always being on your mind. But your daughter is right take this time for you...Be a little selfish you deserve it. Take care Kay.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi survgal,
    Congratulations on your successful surgery, except for the nausea. Hope that is starting to subside. Yes, it is definitely time to enjoy life! Hugs, Jean
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    So glad
    Im happy you came through with flying colors. No drains, thats amazing. I'm a yr and a half out from uni boobectectmy and so far so good.
    It's so true. Family and friends want you not to think about it but it's so very hard. Was on my mind first thing this AM. TRY to be positive and live life to the fullest. We all could be hit by a truck. You really never know. Take care of yourself. Katz
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Katz77 said:

So glad
    Im happy you came through with flying colors. No drains, thats amazing. I'm a yr and a half out from uni boobectectmy and so far so good.
    It's so true. Family and friends want you not to think about it but it's so very hard. Was on my mind first thing this AM. TRY to be positive and live life to the fullest. We all could be hit by a truck. You really never know. Take care of yourself. Katz

Congrats on your surgery and
    Congrats on your surgery and NO drains! I am curious as to why you aren't having rads. I thought rads were always done after a lumpectomy to kill any stray cancer cells.

Hugs, Megan
  • Evoling_butterfly
    Evoling_butterfly Member Posts: 57
    Congrats
    It's always nice to hear great news!!! The Big C doubt will always be somewhere in our thoughts but Ms Survgal you have to think about You
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Congrats
    It's always nice to hear great news!!! The Big C doubt will always be somewhere in our thoughts but Ms Survgal you have to think about You

Congratulations! Great if
    Congratulations! Great if you don't have to have rads!

Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DianeBC said:

Congratulations! Great if
    Congratulations! Great if you don't have to have rads!

Hugs, Diane

Survgal .. I'm right there with you .. hard or difficult
    to enjoy life - with me thinking 24/7 about a recurrence, now I'm losing sleep!

Congratulations on your completion .. and surgery.

1 day at a time ...

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi survgal,
    Congratulations on your successful surgery, except for the nausea. Hope that is starting to subside. Yes, it is definitely time to enjoy life! Hugs, Jean

Congrats on your surgery
    Congrats on your surgery being over and successful! I hope you feel better soon with the nausea. Celebrate!

Hugs, Debby
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Nausea
    So glad the surgery is behind you! Congratulations! I, too, suffer horribly with nausea from the anesthesia. I ALWAYS tell the anesthesiologist and anyone else who will listen that I do get sick and they give me anti-nausea meds in my drip. I had 4 surgeries while fighting the beast and never got sick! Just be sure to have them add it to your file and then still tell them in pre-op. There is no need to suffer....great drugs out there!!