Ladies I had something strange today happen

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I stop to do some gocery shopping. I was in the check out line waiting on the cashier. The cashier had not yet realized I was in her line. She was talking how she had a sister with liver cancer that spread and she could do nothing and was worried she would not be able to do anything. She turned around and started to cry and realized her sister can still live and do things.I am happy i showed someone that a dx of cancer is not a death sentence anymore.

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Good for you. You were the
    Good for you. You were the angel that lady needed today to encourage her.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    natly15 said:

Good for you. You were the
    Good for you. You were the angel that lady needed today to encourage her.

Angel in deed .. at the right place, at the right time
    playing it forward .... I am sure you made her day!

Strength and Courage:-D

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Awwww!
    I'm sure you made her day!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    It's Really Nice
    you could comfort someone else in their time of need. However, and I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but the sad reality is liver cancer, once it's spread, is terminal. People diagnosed with liver cancer that hasn't spread have a much better chance of survival. But if it's spread, the averages of survival are dire.

My father was diagnosed with terminal esphogeal cancer back in March. If it hadn't spread to his liver, he would have been eligable for resection surgery (where they remove the esophagus and make a new one from part of the stomach) which would have improved his chances of survival or even given more time than someone that can't have the surgery because of mets.

My father's cancer is now not only in his esphogus and liver, but has spread to his spine. It's a nasty, nasty cancer that spreads like wildfire.

One can just hope and pray they can find a cure someday for ALL cancer!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● SIMPLY WONDOUS ●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆●
    I have found myself in similar situations and always have found it amazing how I am somewhere when my situation can help someone else. You are right, having cancer does not always mean we will die from it. Many of us live many years and enjoy our lives many years after having cancer. I am sure this was emotional for you as well, kudos to you for being the giver of strength and hope to one in need.

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    You was the angel on her
    You was the angel on her shoulder that day.. What a wonderful day. Just imagine the times we don't ever know that we helped. You made some one feel better. Your a special lady..
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431

You was the angel on her
    You was the angel on her shoulder that day.. What a wonderful day. Just imagine the times we don't ever know that we helped. You made some one feel better. Your a special lady..

Similar thing happened this week
    I was going into Wal-Mart and a woman comes in at the same time as me. She had on a lovely scarf. I said to her "you look lovely today" she says thanks but looks alittle bit down and said that she was having a bad day. So I said that I looked the same as she did a year ago and that look, my hair is back, my eyebrows and lashes and I feel great and you will, too. I just wanted to hug her but I was afraid I would cry or she would cry. Anyway, it made MY day and I hope it made hers too.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    As Natly said, you were her
    As Natly said, you were her angel just when she needed one.
  • Eil4186
  • Eil4186
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    nice story
    YOU made her day I am sure
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    You gave
    that woman hope for her sister. Feel good about it!
    {{hugs}} Char