Last chemo has been the hardest

smalldoggroomer
smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my last chemo last Tues, Boy do I feel it. I think I have every side affect this time ten times worse. has it been worse for any one else? I just keep telling my self that was the last one. NO more. On the bright side the weather has cooled off. It is beautiful out. And in no time at all I can enjoy it all!!! I can't wait to feel good again. And back to my life. Take care all hope everyone feels good. {{{HUGS to all }}}} Kay

Comments

• new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Congratulations !!!!!
    Yes, mine was harder also. My last one was Oct 1 and today is the first day where all the side effects are beginning to pass. I had to keep telling myself the same thing.
    I'm so happy for you ;)
    Happy dance ~~~~~~

Love, kelly
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    I'm so sorry it's been hard for you...
    I remember crying on the 5th day after my last one thinking THIS is the one that I'm not going to get better after, and then it seemed like within a half hour the air cleared and I sent my son for a hamburger with pickles and lots of ketchup for me. I was BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the same happens to you. Keep munching bits and pieces of fruit, ginger ale, ice chips, crackers, water, Popsicle, yogurt, hard boiled egg, whatever you can get down. That will help wash it out of your system.
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    all done....Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!
    So glad you have completed your last chemo.... it will get better soon. And yes, the last is the worse for most of us....but it is THE LAST!!!! Hugs
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    last chemo
    congradulations!! Now you can start to recover. I was so sick my husband pratically had to carry me in for my last couple rounds. I don't think you are unusual. I was so especially after I started the taxol. But enough of that, your done! Have a wonderful weekend, it's will only get better! God bless...alison
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yay Kay!!!!
    I am so glad to hear that you are now a chemo grad. Congratulations! Yes, my last one really kicked my a**. I didn't get sick or anything, it just took everything out of me and my energy level was zero. It did take me longer than normal to start to feel better. However, I knew that was my last "crash" after my chemo, so I handled it. Hope you have a peaceful relaxing weekend. Save the celebrating for when you feel better. Hugs, Jean
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Yay Kay!!!!
    I am so glad to hear that you are now a chemo grad. Congratulations! Yes, my last one really kicked my a**. I didn't get sick or anything, it just took everything out of me and my energy level was zero. It did take me longer than normal to start to feel better. However, I knew that was my last "crash" after my chemo, so I handled it. Hope you have a peaceful relaxing weekend. Save the celebrating for when you feel better. Hugs, Jean

So happy that the chemo is
    So happy that the chemo is done but so sorry that it is so much harder than all the others. I hope that you bounce back soon and will be able to truly celebrate the completion of your chemo treatments.
    Stef
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    fauxma said:

So happy that the chemo is
    So happy that the chemo is done but so sorry that it is so much harder than all the others. I hope that you bounce back soon and will be able to truly celebrate the completion of your chemo treatments.
    Stef

Hang in there. You've done
    Hang in there. You've done this so well. Hope you are feeling better soon. You WILL feel better. Take care.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    GayleMc said:

Hang in there. You've done
    Hang in there. You've done this so well. Hope you are feeling better soon. You WILL feel better. Take care.

Yeah! Glad your last is over
    Yeah! Glad your last is over with. I know what you're saying. I had my last one in Aug. and was so wore out and still fighting a chemo induced infection, it was another 3 weeks before I could get up and do anything. But the day finally does come when you're not so tired, you can taste food again, and you feel like going out and celebrating. So when you feel better, go out and celebrate.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Sunrae said:

Yeah! Glad your last is over
    Yeah! Glad your last is over with. I know what you're saying. I had my last one in Aug. and was so wore out and still fighting a chemo induced infection, it was another 3 weeks before I could get up and do anything. But the day finally does come when you're not so tired, you can taste food again, and you feel like going out and celebrating. So when you feel better, go out and celebrate.

Congrats Kay on your last
    Congrats Kay on your last chemo! I am sorry that you are having so many side effects.

I pray you feel better soon!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hang in there, Kay. It does
    Hang in there, Kay. It does get better. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    You guys are great!!! You
    You guys are great!!! You have made me feel better already. Thank you all Kay.
  • dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99

It will get better... hang
    It will get better... hang in there....
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Yay Kay!! My last one was 2
    Yay Kay!! My last one was 2 days after you! We're all done with the chemo!!!! I'm still feeling fairly good - I'm blaming the steroids though & expecting my crash to start on Monday. I'm ready to start feeling good again also. I hope that you get some relief soon & start feeling better! Just remember no more chemo - no more chemo crashes!! Time to rest, recouperate, and heal!!!
    *big big hugs to you my chemo grad sister*
    Heather
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    I know!!
    I agree! I finished chemo on Oct. 4th and I have never been so tired and achy in my life! I am in bed by 8pm every night, LOL! Here's to hoping you feel better soon. We did it, we kicked chemo's butt, now lets move on!!!
    hugs, Chris
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member

YOU are great, Kay!!
    Kay you always have such kind and encouraging words for everyone on here, myself included. We're just all so happy for you to be done with chemo!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Congratulations!! Just
    Congratulations!! Just continue to take care of yourself during these crash days so you can celebrate soon!!

Hugs to you,
    Linda
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    But You're Done!!!
    Congrats!!! The one last crash was hard for Donna emotionally. Think about two weeks from now when your blood count will be back up and you can shout NO MORE CHEMO!!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Hi Kay--yes that last chemo
    Hi Kay--yes that last chemo did me in. Chemo is cumulative and by the last and final 8th infusion I was in bed for 10 days, and then it got better. You will gradually start feeling better now that chemo is done! Congrats on this difficult leg of treatment.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Congrats to you!

Congrats to you!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Eil4186 said:

Congrats to you!

Congrats to you!

Still not normal after 4th chemo
    Sept. 23.

It has definitely been the worst, but I am improving and it's over. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my last infusion. I was pathetically weak and achey for a long time. I had a lot of break through nausea I'd not had before. Last week (2 1/2 weeks after chemo - past nadir) I started running a fever. Blood and urine tests and cultures and chest xray offered no explanation, which is good I guess. My Pulse rate is still over 100, but BP has returned to normal. WBCs elevated with a left shift indicating an infection somewhere. Been on antibiotics for 6 days now and haven't had a fever since Friday. I guess I'm on the mend, but I still have nausea and absolutely no interest in food.

I'm just so thrilled that I'm done! We can get through anything now!

Suzanne