Colonoscopy tomorrow morning

sasjourney
sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi friends,

I am asking for prayers and positive thoughts for my colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I have never had one and am a little nervous (well, maybe a lot nervous). I was given the option of drinking the prep or taking in pill form. My doc said most people that have done both prefer the pill form so that is what I will do starting tonight. Has anyone taken the pills?Hopefully, all will go well.

Thanks for your support!

Hugs,
Sara

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Good luck, Sara
    I hope all goes well! I haven't had the pill form, somehow it sounds a little easier! Let us know.
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Pills
    Oh yes, many here have used pills (I used OsmoPrep twice). Just be sure to drink the prescribed amount of liquid. You'll be fine.

--Greg
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    good luck
    Good luck and i'm sending prayers your way
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    you got it
    Hi Sara,

Praying for all to go well and for you to not be too anxious about it all. I'm surprised to hear you never had one before, but then I guess I remember that your cancer was found in another way. Wow- pill form- the regular horrible liquid prep stuff that I had to drink for my last colonoscopy was awful and had me throwing up to try to get it all down. I'm so glad to hear they have pills you can now take instead- you're lucky on that one, girl!
    I'll be waiting to hear how it goes- take care and hang in there- it will be over before you know it. :)

Lisa
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Yeah, I think pills and 2 -8 oz bottles of Mag Citrate.....
    a match made in heaven.....NOT....but its pretty easily done...and it started for me at 2 pm and lasted til about 7:30 or 8....and then one more time just for good measure that morning but I had a ostomy bag...If your worried about sleep pooping (same as sleep walking) simply wear an adult diaper tonight when you go to bed...You'll do fine but trust me..don't fart and think you'll get by with it without being on the john, you won't....and plain diaper wipes with no fragrance or smell is great for the dabbing of the tush you'll be doing by prep end. Yes maam the old tail will get a little raw so the easier you take it on the front end the easier it will be in the end....( did that sound right? )...just be gentle...and preplan out the place that you want to eat at after its over preferably to go, because you may not remember it later that day...In hopes for an all clear.......Love and prayers, Clift
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    You have my prayers on the
    You have my prayers on the way,hope for a clear result.Take care and best luck with it.
  • sasjourney

You have my prayers on the
    You have my prayers on the way,hope for a clear result.Take care and best luck with it.

Thanks everyone!
    Thanks for all the info and well wishes. It is so great to have this board with people that really understand and can relate. Sometimes I feel like no one understands how I feel, but I've learned from this board that you all feel the same way and it is normal. I appreciate you all more than you will ever know. Thank you!!

Hugs,
    Sara
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Aren't you lucky!
    Dear Sara,

To have a pill rather than all that yucky stuff to drink would be wonderful!

Don't worry about the scope itself, you will do fine.

Prayers that the results are all good!

Marie who loves kitties
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Aren't you lucky!
    Dear Sara,

To have a pill rather than all that yucky stuff to drink would be wonderful!

Don't worry about the scope itself, you will do fine.

Prayers that the results are all good!

Marie who loves kitties

Good Luck, I would love the
    Good Luck, I would love the pill too! Let us know about your results! They will be great!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Nana b said:

Good Luck, I would love the
    Good Luck, I would love the pill too! Let us know about your results! They will be great!

Good luck
    to you, hope everything goes fine!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Sara
    I hope your scan went well and you don't have to wait too long to get your results. Good luck!
  • sasjourney
    Lori-S said:

Sara
    I hope your scan went well and you don't have to wait too long to get your results. Good luck!

Update on results of scan
    Thank you all so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. The procedure went well with no polyps found. There was a small "bumpy" area that will be biopsied, but the doc said he did not think it was anything. But because of my history he will need to be sure. I should get the results early next week.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Big hugs,
    Sara
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

Thank you all so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. The procedure went well with no polyps found. There was a small "bumpy" area that will be biopsied, but the doc said he did not think it was anything. But because of my history he will need to be sure. I should get the results early next week.

Big hugs,
    Sara

Sara
    I am glad it went well; I bet you are glad to have that over with!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member

Big hugs,
    Sara

done and over with!
    Hi Sara,

Glad it's over for you! Sounds like all is well. I know you'll be having a bit of anxiety waiting for the biopsy result of the bumpy area, but I have a feeling all will be fine. Take care & we'll talk again soon, hopefully. :)

Lisa
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

Big hugs,
    Sara

Glad it went well
    I've never had a colonoscopy so I couldn't give advice. But I just wanted to say, I'm glad it went well, and things look good!!!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.
    Winter Marie