Moffitt Cancer Center

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just want to say that I had a very inspiring day at our FACTORS program presented by the Women's Oncology Center at Moffitt. This was my 2nd year, and I came away with increased knowledge, inspiration and hope for our future with improved or new treatment information.
Just to sit at the conference with 500 or so with breast or female cancer, is sadly comforting. Feeling compassion all around you and understanding that all of us are fighting the battle of the beast. Warriors! Moffitt puts on such a good program including a Q and A session with a panel of 8 doctors, wonderful speakers and exhibitors. If there is something like this in your city, I recommend GO. Helping settle my fears is good medicine for me.

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Sounds great Lizzie! I am
    Sounds great Lizzie! I am so happy that you got to go and was so inspired!

Praying for a cure every day.

Hugs, Leeza
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jnl said:

Sounds great Lizzie! I am
    Sounds great Lizzie! I am so happy that you got to go and was so inspired!

Praying for a cure every day.

Hugs, Leeza

Thank you, Lizzie .. Looking for something similiar out here
    in Southern California. .....

Vicki Sam
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    hey miss lizzie, is this the
    hey miss lizzie, is this the tampa fl moffitt? If so can you pm me more about moffitt...i know kay really likes it there...m d anderson is in orlando but don't know anyone who goes there...might be worth the drive to head into tampa
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548

hey miss lizzie, is this the tampa fl moffitt? If so can you pm me more about moffitt...i know kay really likes it there...m d anderson is in orlando but don't know anyone who goes there...might be worth the drive to head into tampa

yes
    Yes, it is the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. They have a wonderful Hope Lodge there also and are very into the research aspect also. I guess, check out the website...oh, and it is located right by USF.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I wish there was something
    I wish there was something around here like this. Really great Lizzie!

Hugs, Angie