My .. 'Duh'.. moment of the week ...

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
still taking sit baths while recovering from my latest breast surgery, I decided to jump into the shower and use the newly installed 'shower hose' I insisted that my hubby install .. while scrubbing I notice purple lines under my right breast (surgically breast) and I scrub .. scrub .. scrubbed .. Oh my, I can't get that purple ink marker off my skin .. okay after my shower - I'll use rubbing alcohol .. cotton pad, after cotton pad .. no purple .. so I lifted my right ta-ta .. and turned on every light in my bathroom .. and noticed it was not purple felt marking pen .. but -- Purple Bruising - 3 stripes under my right breast .. Boy, did I feel .. stupid!

Vicki Sam

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Well you couldn't see very
    Well you couldn't see very well. The light was bad. The angle was wrong. It wasn't your fault at all see..LOL I have them moments too, So Duh to me too. At least you have a sense of humor that is the important thing. Have a great Sunday Vicki.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

Well you couldn't see very
    Well you couldn't see very well. The light was bad. The angle was wrong. It wasn't your fault at all see..LOL I have them moments too, So Duh to me too. At least you have a sense of humor that is the important thing. Have a great Sunday Vicki.

With all that rubbing, I
    With all that rubbing, I hope you didn't bruise yourself more than you were. Ouch.
    I did the same thing with the bandage tape...thought something "new" was on my port scar and asked the nurse about it. She looks and gently rubs and it comes off. Felt stupid too but laughed at it.
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    sorry miss vickisam...glad
    sorry miss vickisam...glad kay was so kind...lol, I would have just out and out blamed the evil twin nikki...posted my dohhh moment under the board perspective thread...shoulda been here...love, shy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

sorry miss vickisam...glad
    sorry miss vickisam...glad kay was so kind...lol, I would have just out and out blamed the evil twin nikki...posted my dohhh moment under the board perspective thread...shoulda been here...love, shy

Yeah, it way beyond one of my shy blond moments ....
    seriously, couldn't figure out why the ink would not go away .... and yes, it did hurt when I scrubbed or rubbed .. Again, just another Blond moment for me.

My evil twin, Nikki has been at bay .. floating in the water for a while, I think she is resting up for her next adventure .. which as time has proven - will come soon, right before the holidays .. So watch out!

hahahah

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    VickiSam said:

Yeah, it way beyond one of my shy blond moments ....
    seriously, couldn't figure out why the ink would not go away .... and yes, it did hurt when I scrubbed or rubbed .. Again, just another Blond moment for me.

My evil twin, Nikki has been at bay .. floating in the water for a while, I think she is resting up for her next adventure .. which as time has proven - will come soon, right before the holidays .. So watch out!

hahahah

Vicki Sam

I did something similar
    I did something similar after my lumpectomy. I thought I was rubbing on tape marks but they were bruises. Gosh, and I'm not even blonde. LOL Nikki/Vicki, a page right out of One Life to Live, wasn't it? I remember it was between All My Children and General Hospital. Vicki Lord Buchanan ... and her evil twin. Well, I love an adventure so I will wait patiently and see what the next episode brings. LOL
    Stef