Ideas for 'stuff' to take to Women's Retreat?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In Nov., I'm going to a 3 day Women's Rereat. I've been to quite a few there but not in the last couple of years. Everybody always decorates a 'mail bag' (small paper bag) and hangs it on the wall. In past years, I've always taken something small for each and always written a short personal note to each (this was before BC). Once there and meet the other women (I already know a couple that will be there) I will do my personal notes. My question is for ideas as to what to take as 'something' for each. Participants and staff will be 36. I'd like to keep my cost at about $40. So far I've thought of ordering pink cami wrist bands or pink ribbon hat pins either of which will run me about $15.

There are so many who have so many more ideas than I have - hoping for some ideas.

Susan

Comments

• m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Something to take
    I'm partial to bookmarks. There are so many lovely ones with inspirational or encouraging sentiments. Also, by November, lots of people are looking ahead to the holidays. A tree ornament might be a nice keepsake as well. I hope you hit on just the right thing. Hugs, Gracie
  • Rague

Something to take
    I'm partial to bookmarks. There are so many lovely ones with inspirational or encouraging sentiments. Also, by November, lots of people are looking ahead to the holidays. A tree ornament might be a nice keepsake as well. I hope you hit on just the right thing. Hugs, Gracie

Book mark is a good idea -
    Book mark is a good idea - the staff always (at least in the past years I've been there) give a bookmark with the logo of the Retreat. Thanks!

Susan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Susan,
    Is there a place you

Susan,
    Is there a place you could get writing pens that are pink? It would be a good keepsake, very usable, and everyone can use extra pens. I am forever losing the ones I carry in my purse. I like the bookmark, bracelet and hat pins also. I think any of these would be nice. I hope that you have a great time at this retreat. My daughter has gone on some with her church and finds them to be spiritually refreshing.
    Stef
  • Rague
    fauxma said:

Susan,
    Is there a place you

Susan,
    Is there a place you could get writing pens that are pink? It would be a good keepsake, very usable, and everyone can use extra pens. I am forever losing the ones I carry in my purse. I like the bookmark, bracelet and hat pins also. I think any of these would be nice. I hope that you have a great time at this retreat. My daughter has gone on some with her church and finds them to be spiritually refreshing.
    Stef

I can get (at least
    I can get (at least according to the catalog I have) 'pink ribbon message' pens for about the same price. Hubby is saying he likes the pen idea.

Susan
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Rague said:

I can get (at least
    I can get (at least according to the catalog I have) 'pink ribbon message' pens for about the same price. Hubby is saying he likes the pen idea.

Susan

All the ideas sound great
    Susan have fun, enjoy the retreat.
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Pocket angles
    I found an angle made out of pewter about the size of a quarter. I paid a buck for it, keep it in my wallet so it goes every where I go. She has kept a good watch over me. KAH
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Here are 2 things
    that I received when I was first dx'd. Both were little net fabic peices tied with pink ribbon. One contained some floral scented potpouri and the other had wildflower seeds. I enjoyed both.
    Have fun!

Hugs
    Georgia