Green tea is ok

Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
P.A. asked onc. doc and called me back said having 1 cup of green tea is ok. I drink decaf.

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    good to know
    Hugs to

good to know

Hugs to you,

Linda
  • turquoisea
    turquoisea Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for sharing the info!
    Thanks Annette 11! it was important to confirm it.. we just have to make sure that it is decaf, to get the most out of this delicious tea.. I love it with mint.. :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Annette
    Green tea is good for you. I've been a tea drinker all my life and drink green tea quite often but not all the time. I also drink a lot of herbal tea. On Dr. Oz last week he said that Oolong tea is also good for us. I bought some Twinnings....
    Char
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    thank you! apparently, that
    thank you! apparently, that is something a lot of us forgot to ask about. :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

thank you! apparently, that
    thank you! apparently, that is something a lot of us forgot to ask about. :)

I asked my oncologist about
    I asked my oncologist about green tea and he said it was ok in moderation. And, for me to not use so much sugar. lol I like sugar.

You should always check with your own doctor though.

Hugs, Megan
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Megan M said:

I asked my oncologist about
    I asked my oncologist about green tea and he said it was ok in moderation. And, for me to not use so much sugar. lol I like sugar.

You should always check with your own doctor though.

Hugs, Megan

What is wrong with green tea?
    I thought it was supposed to be good for us, with all the antioxidants and all. Or, is it just when going through chemo that you have to limit?? I drink it all the time!
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    survives said:

What is wrong with green tea?
    I thought it was supposed to be good for us, with all the antioxidants and all. Or, is it just when going through chemo that you have to limit?? I drink it all the time!

It's ok Survives
    As I said green tea is fine. Of course don't overdue it as in anything else. My Onc. doc. said it's ok and busom buddy leader in my area said she was told it was ok too and said she went through chemo and drank it also and has done very well...
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

It's ok Survives
    As I said green tea is fine. Of course don't overdue it as in anything else. My Onc. doc. said it's ok and busom buddy leader in my area said she was told it was ok too and said she went through chemo and drank it also and has done very well...

Oops, I need to ask my onco
    Oops, I need to ask my onco about this. I do drink it every now and then. I thought it was good for us, but, I better check.

Sue :)