Rene9 how's the hair? And you?

Scotch Freckles
Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Rene how is your hair doing these days and how are you doing. Just checking. KAH

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I am not Rene but wanted to
    I am not Rene but wanted to share that I had my hair trimmed and highlighted the other day. finally long enough to foil. anyway they used a product called Morrocan oil which is more like a cream, and it really helped to tame the curls and get them to go in the right direction. She showed me how to fluff my hair to get some extra milage out of it, and to rake it with my fingers in an S pattern. Just thought I would share the product, hope Rene your hair is getting there.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    carkris said:

I am not Rene but wanted to share that I had my hair trimmed and highlighted the other day. finally long enough to foil. anyway they used a product called Morrocan oil which is more like a cream, and it really helped to tame the curls and get them to go in the right direction. She showed me how to fluff my hair to get some extra milage out of it, and to rake it with my fingers in an S pattern. Just thought I would share the product, hope Rene your hair is getting there.

I haven't seen rene post in
    I haven't seen rene post in awhile. Hope she checks in with us.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Scotch Freckles
    carkris said:

Info
    Every little bit of info to get all through dealing with new hair is always welcome. Hope Rene9 checks in and lets us know who things are going. Thanks again for the info.
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214

Info
    Every little bit of info to get all through dealing with new hair is always welcome. Hope Rene9 checks in and lets us know who things are going. Thanks again for the info.

Hi!
    Hi Scotch Freckles! Hi everyone! Wow I can't believe I was missed! I'm back in the classroom and sooo busy. My caseload is rather high this year with 18, but I do have 2 Parapro's...Well a little over a month ago I stopped wearing that wig. My hair is a little over 1/2 inch long. It's wavy and curly and growing in even. I receive a lot of compliments and I'm told I have the head for a really short cut. I like it. I just use the Shea Moisture products on it for now. - And I will check in more often...I guess I got happy when I saw hair! Now if my eyebrows would just come on back. They are coming in though...slowly...

rene9
  • Scotch Freckles
    rene9 said:

Hi!
    Hi Scotch Freckles! Hi everyone! Wow I can't believe I was missed! I'm back in the classroom and sooo busy. My caseload is rather high this year with 18, but I do have 2 Parapro's...Well a little over a month ago I stopped wearing that wig. My hair is a little over 1/2 inch long. It's wavy and curly and growing in even. I receive a lot of compliments and I'm told I have the head for a really short cut. I like it. I just use the Shea Moisture products on it for now. - And I will check in more often...I guess I got happy when I saw hair! Now if my eyebrows would just come on back. They are coming in though...slowly...

rene9

HOWDY
    It is good to hear you are up and running with the kids again. So you have the perfect head for a short doo. Are you going to keep the short curls, for now. I have been out of treatment for 8 years and still looking for my eyebrows. I guess I really never had great eyebrows, but sure don't want the unibrow either. I am happy with what I have, as all should be.

KAH
  • rene9

HOWDY
    It is good to hear you are up and running with the kids again. So you have the perfect head for a short doo. Are you going to keep the short curls, for now. I have been out of treatment for 8 years and still looking for my eyebrows. I guess I really never had great eyebrows, but sure don't want the unibrow either. I am happy with what I have, as all should be.

KAH

Heeey!
    Heeeey KAH! Yes I like my curls for now. I've heard of some people's hair coming back straight, so I'm glad it did come back wavy/curly. Though, December will mark 7 months post chemo so hopefully it will be long enough to put a light perm in it. My eyebrows have always been thick and grew back fast. They are growing but slowly, I guess since I watch them everyday. I'm about to get something now to encourage them. I can't wait for when I can put 8, then 10, then 20, then 30 plus years behind me. They'll find a cure, but we'll still wear our battle scars!

rene9
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    rene9 said:

Hi!

rene9

Yeh for Rene! I am so happy
    Yeh for Rene! I am so happy that your hair is that long and you are so busy. That is wonderful. Hoping your eyebrows come in soon for you.

Hugs,Megan
  • Scotch Freckles
    rene9 said:

Heeey!
    Heeeey KAH! Yes I like my curls for now. I've heard of some people's hair coming back straight, so I'm glad it did come back wavy/curly. Though, December will mark 7 months post chemo so hopefully it will be long enough to put a light perm in it. My eyebrows have always been thick and grew back fast. They are growing but slowly, I guess since I watch them everyday. I'm about to get something now to encourage them. I can't wait for when I can put 8, then 10, then 20, then 30 plus years behind me. They'll find a cure, but we'll still wear our battle scars!

rene9

Life after release
    There is life after release from m.d. constant care. I have been released from constant m.d. care for almost 4 years, but every year I go through all the reminders with a check-up. I am thankful for what I have. I read the postings from those who are so fortunate and my heart aches so. Especially Thomas the Marine who is really having it rough right now, not discounting all the others who are having it rough right now too. Will there be a cure found or is cancer just a prosperious business to be in for drug companies, medical research professionals?

Our battle scars are deep than surgical scars. I now understand PTS G.I.'s bring home and live with the scars too. I am able to understand my own father's battle with undiagnoised PTS from WWII.

Sorry for being so depressing, I am feeling so helpless for Marine and family.

Back to something light though, hope you really don't end up with a unibrow. KAH
  • rene9
    Megan M said:

Yeh for Rene! I am so happy
    Yeh for Rene! I am so happy that your hair is that long and you are so busy. That is wonderful. Hoping your eyebrows come in soon for you.

Hugs,Megan

Thx Megan!
    I know right! Thx Megan!
  • rene9

Life after release
    There is life after release from m.d. constant care. I have been released from constant m.d. care for almost 4 years, but every year I go through all the reminders with a check-up. I am thankful for what I have. I read the postings from those who are so fortunate and my heart aches so. Especially Thomas the Marine who is really having it rough right now, not discounting all the others who are having it rough right now too. Will there be a cure found or is cancer just a prosperious business to be in for drug companies, medical research professionals?

Our battle scars are deep than surgical scars. I now understand PTS G.I.'s bring home and live with the scars too. I am able to understand my own father's battle with undiagnoised PTS from WWII.

Sorry for being so depressing, I am feeling so helpless for Marine and family.

Back to something light though, hope you really don't end up with a unibrow. KAH

Thx-
    I was reading and I was like...what happened. I need to catch up on posts. And you're right, drug companies are making some money right now...but for some reason it just seems like it will happen and soon. I am very thankful too and glad it was caught early...And on another note...I'm being patient and hope I don't get a unibrow:)

rene9
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    rene9 said:

Heeey!

rene9

Good to see you!
    So glad you like your curls Rene! They will find a cure..I pray for it daily!

Have a great week Rene!

Sue :)
  • Scotch Freckles
    rene9 said:

Thx-
    I was reading and I was like...what happened. I need to catch up on posts. And you're right, drug companies are making some money right now...but for some reason it just seems like it will happen and soon. I am very thankful too and glad it was caught early...And on another note...I'm being patient and hope I don't get a unibrow:)

rene9

No Unibrow
    How about an Andy Rooney look? The kids at school will love that look. Be safe now that it is flu season. Don't hug any of those little rascals, hug from a distance. Just tell them it is a big hug, from a distance. They will understand. And, keep your hands clean.

KAH