Monik-liset---Please write and let us know how your mom is doing

nempark
nempark Member Posts: 681
Since I have the same problem like your mom, I would like to know how she is progressing and she can give me some tips. Best wishes. June

Comments

• monik_lisett
    monik_lisett Member Posts: 8
    Sorry I took long to reply
    My mom already completed the radiation and started her chemo the end of July I believe..After the first treatment of Taxol/Carbo she had a severe allergic reaction on week 2, she broke out in hives all over and ended up in the ER..Her doctor was surprised that she had the reaction so late after the infusion so be to on the safe side she changed her to Taxotere for her second one..She had a mild rash that developed on her hands, but nothing as severe as the past reaction. Today she went for her third treatment but the doctor didn't like the fact that she had that mild reaction and said she is going to present my moms case to other doctors and see what they can change her to... I am really concerned that its the second time her treatment has been delayed and what if it won't be as effective. Another thing I'm worried about is the new chemo drugs not being as aggressive as the Taxol/Carbo.. Other than the loss of hair and the reaction she hasn't lost her appetite or had any nausea or anything which I'm glad. Did you have any problems during chemo? Hope all is well for you.. Take Care! -Monik
  • nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681

Sorry I took long to reply
    My mom already completed the radiation and started her chemo the end of July I believe..After the first treatment of Taxol/Carbo she had a severe allergic reaction on week 2, she broke out in hives all over and ended up in the ER..Her doctor was surprised that she had the reaction so late after the infusion so be to on the safe side she changed her to Taxotere for her second one..She had a mild rash that developed on her hands, but nothing as severe as the past reaction. Today she went for her third treatment but the doctor didn't like the fact that she had that mild reaction and said she is going to present my moms case to other doctors and see what they can change her to... I am really concerned that its the second time her treatment has been delayed and what if it won't be as effective. Another thing I'm worried about is the new chemo drugs not being as aggressive as the Taxol/Carbo.. Other than the loss of hair and the reaction she hasn't lost her appetite or had any nausea or anything which I'm glad. Did you have any problems during chemo? Hope all is well for you.. Take Care! -Monik

Monik Thank you
    Thank you for your reply. So sorry mom is having problems. No, I did not have any side effects, except of course, hair loss. Did not lose my appetite so did not lose any weight. Mom is going to be fine they will find the right treatment for her. Tell her to hang in there and tell her also that I send her much love and comfort. I know its tough at this time, but she will soon be over. Please keep in touch. J
  • monik_lisett
    monik_lisett Member Posts: 8
    nempark said:

Monik Thank you
    Thank you for your reply. So sorry mom is having problems. No, I did not have any side effects, except of course, hair loss. Did not lose my appetite so did not lose any weight. Mom is going to be fine they will find the right treatment for her. Tell her to hang in there and tell her also that I send her much love and comfort. I know its tough at this time, but she will soon be over. Please keep in touch. J

Update on Moms tx
    Hi June, I wanted to give you an update on what the doctors told my mom. First of all they transfered her to the sarcoma department so she saw a new doctor. The new doctor said that she would've never recommended chemo since her tumor was only 3cm. She said if it would've been 5cm then yes but since it was a "polyp" and didn't reach her muscle then she did not need it. Overall its good news, but I still wouldve wished for her to complete the 6 cycles considering mmt is so aggressive. But I'm assuming the doctor knows what shes saying because sarcomas are what they deal with on a daily basis so all I can do is pray it was the right decision. She'll be having a scan in a couple of weeks to make sure everything is still clear.. Please remember her in your prayers, God Bless!