I hate this ride!!! And I want off---

survives
survives Member Posts: 254 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, call me stupid. I had a mammo today that followed a MRI that preceded a suspicious mammo last March. I guess the tech person thought she was being a sweetie, and she showed me where the density is gone. That's the good news!

Bad news is.........what did my eyes see?? White sprinkles! Weren't there six weeks ago. They are not clustered, and I don't see a pattern. Anyone have any thoughts as to what these are?? My idc was less than 1 cm., I am 3+, but no Herceptin because of mastectomy, which ruled out chemo because no nodes and clear margins. I am on Femara.

I'm stupid because I looked. Now I wish I hadn't.

Insight as to what these could be other than what I fear?

Someone has posted a thread wanting to know what we'll be doing this weekend? I guess I panic????

Thanks, ladies.
Jennifer :-(

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    can relate
    I have no answers for you, but there may be lots of possibilities.
    I can relate though because I asked to see the scans of my liver - at which time, I wondered why I did that. Well, I don't consider myself stupid for asking because I have a NEED TO KNOW exactly what I'm facing. I will admit to you that I too was near "panic" inside for about 2 days while trying to function in a normal manner on the outside! Somehow, I got past that and became even more determined to fight.
    Please, try to find strength from wherever you draw it. Cancer is like a roller coaster with its' ups and downs. Don't panic, find answers. Keep us posted and best wishes.
    Marsha
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I don't have any answers,
    I don't have any answers, but I'll be thinking of you. Waiting is so hard. Let us know when you find out what they are.

Hugs to you,

Linda
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Waiting Just Plain Out SUCKS!
    Don't have any wise words. Just try to stay positive and not think about it (yeah, right!) until you talk with your doctor. It could be nothing. I'll be praying major PEACE for you!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    WHERE IS THE EMERGENCY BREAKs?
    Jennifer,

I want off too!! i wish we could all hold hands and jump off this
    cancer wagon.

Please don't agonize over what you don't know. What you already
    know is enough.

Just hope, really, really hope for the best.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Maybe they're just little
    Maybe they're just little calcifications and completely normal--especially if they are not clustered. Waiting sucks, I know, but, if the tech is showing you the film, that might be a very good sign. When mine was cancer, the tech showed me nothing but asked what was my best contact number--bad sign that was. So I am hoping and praying that yours is the best of news. Please keep us posted!