Fast this weekend

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This week has brought several threads that are less than 'great' - so I have decided to fast starting tomorrow morning - breaking my fast when I take Sacrament on Sunday.

Anyone else want to join, in their own way?

Susan

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    this is a beautiful sentiment, susan
    i wish i could join you, but not this weekend, because i have meds i have to take with food. however, i will be fasting from midnight sunday until after my brain mri on monday morning.
  • Rague
    heidijez said:

this is a beautiful sentiment, susan
    i wish i could join you, but not this weekend, because i have meds i have to take with food. however, i will be fasting from midnight sunday until after my brain mri on monday morning.

I know that not all can
    I know that not all can physically fast - that's why I added would anyone like to join in their own way.

edit added - Well just realized that this thread has been 'flagged' so it may be gone soon.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Rague said:

I know that not all can
    I know that not all can physically fast - that's why I added would anyone like to join in their own way.

edit added - Well just realized that this thread has been 'flagged' so it may be gone soon.

OhOh. Maybe because you
    OhOh. Maybe because you said "Sacrament on Sunday." I dunno. If somebody objects, they don't have to read the post.

I would understand "flagging" to be for things such as spam, or robo posts, or ads posts. I would hope we don't abuse the flag button for posts like yours.

Cindy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Rague said:

I know that not all can

Is Chen on line?
    I asked this because she once flagged her own post. LOL!! I can't imagine that anyone would find this offensive. But, nowadays, you can not be certain of much!!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Very caring idea
    I think it's a very caring, thoughtful thing to suggest and I'm in.

marge
  • Rague
    I am sorry if someone was
    I am sorry if someone was HONESTLY offended by this thread - I do apologize.

Fasting is common in many societies/cultures/religions and there are different ways of handleing. For me - I pray to start and prayerfully end when I partake of Sacrement (I'm LDS if it matters to anyone). That's me but I am very aware that my faith/beliefs are not what all follow/believe and I do honor all others. While there are certain 'things' that normally go with fasting - not all can medically follow those dictates of their beliefs but that doesn't mean that they can't do what they can, which is just as meaningful as what any of us do. I thought/tried to make my original post as generic as possible - I did say what I would do but thought that I conveyed that what is 'right' for me is NOT right for all or more important than what anyone does.

Please take a moment for prayer/thought for all who are so in need now!

I do apologize to whoever was offened (if the offense was 'honest') - none was meant - just what I intend to do and a hope that others might also - following their Faiths - join together to ask our Higher Powers to be with those who are in need.

Susan
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Rague said:

I am sorry if someone was
    I am sorry if someone was HONESTLY offended by this thread - I do apologize.

Fasting is common in many societies/cultures/religions and there are different ways of handleing. For me - I pray to start and prayerfully end when I partake of Sacrement (I'm LDS if it matters to anyone). That's me but I am very aware that my faith/beliefs are not what all follow/believe and I do honor all others. While there are certain 'things' that normally go with fasting - not all can medically follow those dictates of their beliefs but that doesn't mean that they can't do what they can, which is just as meaningful as what any of us do. I thought/tried to make my original post as generic as possible - I did say what I would do but thought that I conveyed that what is 'right' for me is NOT right for all or more important than what anyone does.

Please take a moment for prayer/thought for all who are so in need now!

I do apologize to whoever was offened (if the offense was 'honest') - none was meant - just what I intend to do and a hope that others might also - following their Faiths - join together to ask our Higher Powers to be with those who are in need.

Susan

great idea
    Susan -
    I think your idea of fasting is a great one, in light of all the bad news we've been hearing this week. Thanks for the idea.
    Linda
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Very caring idea
    I think it's a very caring, thoughtful thing to suggest and I'm in.

marge

Susan, You're doing a good
    Susan, You're doing a good thing for the good of someone else, you're to be admired. Too bad when people get offended, and that's a shame. But fasting is not only biblical for believers, its also a way for people to clean out their systems, so it is also done for health reasons. I'm not able to physically fast right now but I have in the past and will in the future. Thanks for you loving and caring actions and thoughts.