I am blessed with another <.01 post surgery PSA test result!

bdhilton
bdhilton Member Posts: 846 Member
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Being at high risk (I was not high risk prior to surgery based on my clinical results and this is something everyone must weigh when making their decision on the type of treatment they will have to fight this beast...).

I am truly blessed and believe that the experienced hand of my surgeon and the grace of God have given me these < .01 results… I also believe that diet and exercise are the two elements you control 100% in your fight and are key to any treatment course you take…

Yes, I am happy today….Until the next test in 90 days..Peace

Comments

• ProfWagstaff
    ProfWagstaff Member Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats, BD !!!
    Wishing you many, many more results identical to this!!
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member

Congrats, BD !!!
    Wishing you many, many more results identical to this!!

Great News
    Great news on your PSA scores. I'm sure it's a relief to have that behind you. Here's hoping this is the early start of a very long string of nada PSA readings. Undoubtedly your discipline in following a smart diet and exercise regimen is paying off.
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    BD,
    Glad to read of your

BD,
    Glad to read of your test result! My next test is in 30 days.

Hows the rugby season going? Racking up wins I hope!

Larry
  • zakpaga
    zakpaga Member Posts: 69
    Congratulations BD,
    I am

Congratulations BD,

I am happy for you!!!
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    Glad to hear your good news
    BD,
    I am glad to hear your good news. Yes, you are truly blessed. May you have many more <.01 results and become a lifetime member of the Zero Club.

JR
  • chitown
    chitown Member Posts: 90 Member
    Wish you peace forever
    Great news - keep sharing your approach to diet and exercise with all of us
  • bdhilton
    Thanks to all for the well
    Thanks to all for the well wishes in fighting this beast with the blessed 0 PSAs... Remember you control your diet and exercise 100% and it is a very critical piece of the puzzle in our fight with PCa…

Best to all-peace
  • griff 1
    griff 1 Member Posts: 114
    psa
    bd I had my 3 month test after my surgery and it came out zero. heck yeah i was worrying too much and it weighs on ya. anyway glad to hear your test was zero. i don,t eat too well but i am starting to. i read on one of your posts that you don,t eat red meat? i eat too much of it and need to cut way down. also how much do you exercise and what you do. thanks griff
  • griff 1
    chitown said:

Wish you peace forever
    Great news - keep sharing your approach to diet and exercise with all of us

chi
    how are you doing, good i hope. i have not been on for awhile and missed some stuff. griff
  • bdhilton
    griff 1 said:

psa
    bd I had my 3 month test after my surgery and it came out zero. heck yeah i was worrying too much and it weighs on ya. anyway glad to hear your test was zero. i don,t eat too well but i am starting to. i read on one of your posts that you don,t eat red meat? i eat too much of it and need to cut way down. also how much do you exercise and what you do. thanks griff

Grif…
    Congratulations on

Grif…

Congratulations on the ZERO… I am happy for you as I know the feeling…..Right now I hate the week before my test and the few days after waiting for the results and for me it is an every 90 day drill …but I know this will pass and I will embrace another positive outlook…

I probably do a bit more of exercising than most guys my age but I believe that my program is a good one and I could reduce the time I spend walking/running to 30 minutes most days and it would be as good…lifting weights is important and stretching is very important (yoga for me)…

I do the following:

3 x week I lift weights for about 30 minutes and I also walk and/or run 4 or 5 miles (45 minutes-1 hour 15 minutes)
    2 x week I walk/run 6-7 miles (1 hour-1 hour 45 minutes) and I do 30minutes to 45 minutes of yoga too…

Most weekends I do some sort of activity on Saturday (hike and fish, canoe, yard work, etc…) and I do relax on most Sundays …

If you are looking for more details I can assist or direct you to some good web sites…

As far as diet it is a personal choice but I would recommend it!

Best to you-B
  • BRONX52
    BRONX52 Member Posts: 156
    bdhilton said:

Grif…
    Congratulations on

Grif…

Congratulations on the ZERO… I am happy for you as I know the feeling…..Right now I hate the week before my test and the few days after waiting for the results and for me it is an every 90 day drill …but I know this will pass and I will embrace another positive outlook…

I probably do a bit more of exercising than most guys my age but I believe that my program is a good one and I could reduce the time I spend walking/running to 30 minutes most days and it would be as good…lifting weights is important and stretching is very important (yoga for me)…

I do the following:

3 x week I lift weights for about 30 minutes and I also walk and/or run 4 or 5 miles (45 minutes-1 hour 15 minutes)
    2 x week I walk/run 6-7 miles (1 hour-1 hour 45 minutes) and I do 30minutes to 45 minutes of yoga too…

Most weekends I do some sort of activity on Saturday (hike and fish, canoe, yard work, etc…) and I do relax on most Sundays …

If you are looking for more details I can assist or direct you to some good web sites…

Best to you-B

BDHILTON
    CONGRATS !! HERE'S WISHING YOU A LIFETIME OF UNDETECTABLES !! I HAVE MY 9 MONTH CHECK IN A FEW WEEKS--HOPEFULLY THE RESULTS ARE JUST AS ENCOURAGING AS YOURS,---DAN
  • griff 1
    BRONX52 said:

BDHILTON
    CONGRATS !! HERE'S WISHING YOU A LIFETIME OF UNDETECTABLES !! I HAVE MY 9 MONTH CHECK IN A FEW WEEKS--HOPEFULLY THE RESULTS ARE JUST AS ENCOURAGING AS YOURS,---DAN

dan
    goodluck on your 9 month test. the waiting sucks huh. see ya griff
  • griff 1
    bdhilton said:

Grif…
    Congratulations on

Grif…

I do the following:

Best to you-B

exercise man
    thanks for the tips. i am going to get serious on this so yes i would take the info on the web sites or whatever you have. thanks alot griff
  • jminnj
    jminnj Member Posts: 129 Member
    Great News!!!!
    Great News!!!! Congrats!!!
    Joe
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    bdhilton said:

Grif…
    Congratulations on

Grif…

I do the following:

Best to you-B

excellent news
    I'm motivated, after reading your post, and am heading to the gym.
  • griff 1

excellent news
    I'm motivated, after reading your post, and am heading to the gym.

gym
    ha ha good for you man. griff
  • griff 1
    jminnj said:

Great News!!!!
    Great News!!!! Congrats!!!
    Joe

joe
    thanks joe you better head for the gym now. griff
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186
    griff 1 said:

joe
    thanks joe you better head for the gym now. griff

undetectable too!
    Jesse just had a psa at not quite 6 months and it was undetectable too! Congrats to both of you!!
  • griff 1

undetectable too!
    Jesse just had a psa at not quite 6 months and it was undetectable too! Congrats to both of you!!

mrshisname
    that is great. yeah
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230

undetectable too!

undetectable too!
    Congrats Jesse on your undectable psa