Lasting pain

madjas4
madjas4 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In November it will be year since my first surgery. My chemo was six months and radiation was 11 weeks and ended in July of this year. I notice that I have some pain in that breast. From a little ache to a sharp pain every now and then. Anyone else? Spoke to dr. he acted like "it's normal". But I'm worried about every little ache and pain now.

Comments

• sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    It is very normal
    It's been about 4 years since my last surgery. I still have shooting pain around the incision site and funky pains around my breast that come and go. My doctor told me it's probably a combination of nerves regenerating, scar tissue that when stretched, can be uncomfortable and just the general stuff that comes with surgery. Once you get cut into, your body will never feel the same as it did before. So....don't be too concerned. Just watch it closesly and have it checked out if the pain gets a lot worse, changes or doesnt' come and go like usual. And if you're really worried about it, you can always ask your doctor do do some tests. Just remebmber, the more x-rays, CT, bone, pet scans you have, the higher your exposure to radiation is and having all those test can cause more harm than good down the road! Ugh...it's really a hard decision sometimes!!!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • madjas4
    sal314 said:

It is very normal
    It's been about 4 years since my last surgery. I still have shooting pain around the incision site and funky pains around my breast that come and go. My doctor told me it's probably a combination of nerves regenerating, scar tissue that when stretched, can be uncomfortable and just the general stuff that comes with surgery. Once you get cut into, your body will never feel the same as it did before. So....don't be too concerned. Just watch it closesly and have it checked out if the pain gets a lot worse, changes or doesnt' come and go like usual. And if you're really worried about it, you can always ask your doctor do do some tests. Just remebmber, the more x-rays, CT, bone, pet scans you have, the higher your exposure to radiation is and having all those test can cause more harm than good down the road! Ugh...it's really a hard decision sometimes!!!

Blessings,
    Sally

Thanks!
    Good to know. I just see cancer everywhere. Weird I know. I feel like I can glow in the dark at this point. Have my first CT in November (more radiation)and every four months for a year, then twice a year till the five year mark. Too bad we don't get paid to go to the drs/test etc... have a wonderful day. And thanks again.
    Many prayers to you and yours,
    Sandy
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    madjas4 said:

Thanks!
    Good to know. I just see cancer everywhere. Weird I know. I feel like I can glow in the dark at this point. Have my first CT in November (more radiation)and every four months for a year, then twice a year till the five year mark. Too bad we don't get paid to go to the drs/test etc... have a wonderful day. And thanks again.
    Many prayers to you and yours,
    Sandy

Same pain here
    It's the feeling coming back. The numbness is going away.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Same pain here
    It's the feeling coming back. The numbness is going away.

I feel your pain!
    I am ten months post lumpectomy, five months post chemo and three months post rads. Still have pain, swelling and a big, hard, sore hematoma/seroma in my breast. It really sucks. Both docs say it's not unusual and could last for a long time. Some days I get the feeling that a bar-b-que skewer is being pushed through my breast from the inside out. I've been told this is nerve regeneration. Quite frankly, I wish things would just stay numb and pain-free!

Hugs, Renee
  • madjas4
    missrenee said:

I feel your pain!
    I am ten months post lumpectomy, five months post chemo and three months post rads. Still have pain, swelling and a big, hard, sore hematoma/seroma in my breast. It really sucks. Both docs say it's not unusual and could last for a long time. Some days I get the feeling that a bar-b-que skewer is being pushed through my breast from the inside out. I've been told this is nerve regeneration. Quite frankly, I wish things would just stay numb and pain-free!

Hugs, Renee

Wish you didn't "feel my
    Wish you didn't "feel my pain". But glad to hear that's the norm. Some nights there is no way to get comfortable. What's left of my left breast aches and the power port on the right side is achey too. Guess I'm throw myself a pity party... right now. No gifts please!:)
    Have a great evening.
    Hugs to you, Sandy