If not for VickiSam

aisling8
aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
then going to Rite-Aid would have been the usual ordinary experience. But because VickSam is a lovely generous person, I set my purchases (tons of calcium) on the counter along with my pink ribbon key ring that VickSam gave each one of us at the Southern California RE Union. The woman said, "Are you a breast cancer survivor?" "Well, yes, although it just happened this year," says I. "Five years for me," she says. So we gab about it all while finishing the transaction.

Here comes the best part... I said, "Well, consider yourself hugged." "No, no," she says. She walks past all the registers, leaves the big old long line just standing there, comes out from behind the counter to give me a wonderful huge hug.

It was so nice. And so are you, VickSam.

I carry all of you in my heart.

xoxoxoxo
Victoria

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    That is a wonderful story,
    That is a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Great Story
    What a Great story! Thank you for sharing it with us. I use my pink ribbon key chain, too. I owe thanks to VickiSam, too!
    BL
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Awwwwwwwww~ I was wondering
    Awwwwwwwww~ I was wondering what "If not for VickiSam" was going to be about~ I LOVE this story! There are Kindred Spirits everywhere, it seems! I am so glad that I got to meet both of you, and that I can picture your faces while enjoying this great post!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    chenheart said:

Awwwwwwwww~ I was wondering
    Awwwwwwwww~ I was wondering what "If not for VickiSam" was going to be about~ I LOVE this story! There are Kindred Spirits everywhere, it seems! I am so glad that I got to meet both of you, and that I can picture your faces while enjoying this great post!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Great story, thanks

Great story, thanks
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Great story, thanks

Great story, thanks

So glad you shared this with us, Victoria!
    What a lovely moment in your day -- thank you, Victoria, for sharing it with us.

I use my keychain from VickiSam for my keys at work, so I have it on my desk and/or am carrying it around with me all day.

I really like it because it's not that Pepto/baby lotion/breast cancer awareness month pink, but more like a metallic/punk/rock star pink. Coordinates very well with my post-chemo spikey hair!

Traci
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    TraciInLA said:

So glad you shared this with us, Victoria!
    What a lovely moment in your day -- thank you, Victoria, for sharing it with us.

I use my keychain from VickiSam for my keys at work, so I have it on my desk and/or am carrying it around with me all day.

I really like it because it's not that Pepto/baby lotion/breast cancer awareness month pink, but more like a metallic/punk/rock star pink. Coordinates very well with my post-chemo spikey hair!

Traci

Victoria,
    That was a lovely

Victoria,
    That was a lovely touching moment and it was so nice to share it with us. And VickiSam you are awesome. What a great story and I really needed a lovely story right now.
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Awwww!
    What a wonderful story and such a blessing! I too use my beautiful key chain for my everyday keys and I love it. I agree, Thank you VickiSam!

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    So sweet!
    Great story. Thanks Victoria for sharing and thank VickiSam, you are one special lady. I'm going to start saving my money so that next year I can fly to California for the CSN luncheon! Hugs, Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

So sweet!
    Great story. Thanks Victoria for sharing and thank VickiSam, you are one special lady. I'm going to start saving my money so that next year I can fly to California for the CSN luncheon! Hugs, Jean

Oh my .. I was somewhat afraid to read this post ...
    I thought it may go something like ::

My days and nights are filled with remorse due her non stop typing, and stammering on the ACS site

Or remember the time she asked if everyone here on our site, had the same chemo cocktail treatments -- don't laugh - early in my breast cancer fight

Or remember the time she lost her car keys at the grocery store .. only have her kids come by to pick her up and find them on the roof of her car!

Or remember recently while PM somehere on the boards - she hit what she thought was delete to a message, and deleted all her files - including the 1 that ELM3544 phone #, and she did write it down, so she did not have the pleasure of meeting ELM while out here in California..

or remember when she thought a having a tram flap would guaranted a tummy tuck, 2 surgeries for 1? Why not, you're under .. right?

or the time she took 6 showers in 1 day, last WINTER due to continuious 'hot flashes', Vicki's husband and family still talk about these .. wet, soaked days. Still sleeping with fan on at nights .. husband dresses like esikmo at night -

Funny thing ladies .. I'm always swinging my key chain around by the 'Pink' super power Ribbon -- daring anyone to ask me if I have or am fighting breast cancer - it has started soooooo many wonderful conversations, they have led many tears, and hugs!

Vicki Sam -- on house lock down again ...