Anyone experienced this?

Chickadee1955
Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
For the past several weeks I have had pain in my lower left abdomen, just about over the
pelvic bone--not in the joint. It is approximately an area of 4 inches from my waist down. It is worse when I get up from sitting; sometimes very bad until I take several steps. I tried a heating pad, but it didn't make any difference.

My sister seems to think it may be bone pain. Anyone else experience this???? I'm seeing my PCP tomorrow and my Onc on Thursday, so I'll ask them both about it, but the Onc Nurse at my cancer center said she hadn't heard that one.

I must be really naive or totally in denial, but I kinda thought that after chemo I would get to feeling myself again. Will I ever feel myself again?

Ladies, please??

Chickadee

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    not sure
    I think you are doing the best thing by talking to the Drs. I am not sure what it could be. Did you have abdominal surgery? Did you have the same symptoms during chemo? Maybe the chemo has effected the nervous system and it may take a while to recover. Have you done unusual physical activity? Could it be an injury (pulled muscle, etc). I hope the Drs. are able to help you quickly.

Take care, seof.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    seof said:

not sure
    I think you are doing the best thing by talking to the Drs. I am not sure what it could be. Did you have abdominal surgery? Did you have the same symptoms during chemo? Maybe the chemo has effected the nervous system and it may take a while to recover. Have you done unusual physical activity? Could it be an injury (pulled muscle, etc). I hope the Drs. are able to help you quickly.

Take care, seof.

You need to talk to your doctors
    maybe you can call and talk to them and they will order tests before you come for visit, so you will be able discuss results at your appointment on Thursday.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

maybe you can call and talk to them and they will order tests before you come for visit, so you will be able discuss results at your appointment on Thursday.

could be a pulled muscle, or
    could be a pulled muscle, or ovarian cyst, bowel thing. good luck let us know. Isnt it fun with all these vague weird symptoms that we have to worry about?
  • Chickadee1955
    carkris said:

could be a pulled muscle, or
    could be a pulled muscle, or ovarian cyst, bowel thing. good luck let us know. Isnt it fun with all these vague weird symptoms that we have to worry about?

Yeah, a vague weird symptom
    Yeah, a vague weird symptom pretty much describes it. It is not a muscle pull, it is 'inside'. I have no ovaries and have had no bowel issues. I haven't had any abdominal surgery since hysterectomy 8 years ago. I'm at a loss, but it just hurts! Hopefully, the docs will have some idea what's causing it.

Thanks all.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Yeah, a vague weird symptom
    Yeah, a vague weird symptom pretty much describes it. It is not a muscle pull, it is 'inside'. I have no ovaries and have had no bowel issues. I haven't had any abdominal surgery since hysterectomy 8 years ago. I'm at a loss, but it just hurts! Hopefully, the docs will have some idea what's causing it.

Thanks all.

Anxious to know what's up
    Any urinary symptoms? I have a friend (old) who had what she thought was hip pain and was worried about her hip replacement and possibly needing another. Turns out she had a kidney infection. Pain was in her hip - no urinary symptoms at all. Our bodies are wierd - especially at times when we're most vulnerable.

good luck.

Suzanne
  • Chickadee1955

Anxious to know what's up
    Any urinary symptoms? I have a friend (old) who had what she thought was hip pain and was worried about her hip replacement and possibly needing another. Turns out she had a kidney infection. Pain was in her hip - no urinary symptoms at all. Our bodies are wierd - especially at times when we're most vulnerable.

good luck.

Suzanne

My PCP thinks I have somehow
    My PCP thinks I have somehow strained my abdominal wall. He checked for a hernia, but, thankfully, there was none. No treatment for it, just stretch, walk, etc. I will also ask my Onc what she thinks when I see her Thursday, but PCP didn't seem to think we needed to do any tests.

OMG--Just what I need---Now I can worry about getting a hernia?! And how, pray tell, did I manage to strain the abdominal wall so badly without being aware of it happening?? My body is full of surprises this year! What will NEXT YEAR bring?????? Ooooooooo, can't wait!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I don't have this, but, good
    I don't have this, but, good luck and let us know what your doctor thinks.

Hugs, Megan