Femara nausea & indigestion

alessia
alessia Member Posts: 40
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
good morning, need a few suggestions on how to cope with this nausea and indigestion.
i've been taking femara for one year now and a new side effect has popped up.
i say new 'cos i am also going thru the aches and pains (yes i feel like 900 years old)!
anyway, now i'm having trouble with my digestion followed by nausea.
my doctor prescribed meds for my stomach - sometimes they work sometimes not.
then blood tests were done to check my liver - it was bad and then all by itself
got better.
anyone of you having similar problems and if so can you help me get rid of or
even partially get rid of the upset stomach and nausea?
also, anyone take a vacation from femara like a few weeks? is this possible.
please let me know somthing.
kisses, alessia

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Good morning
    Mmmmm, I don't know. I've been on femara for around 6 months now. I have bouts of nausea, but I had that bf cancer. I'm like a junkie with femara. I start getting low and I call it in. Chemo brain dysfunction. So needless to say never had vacation from it.
    My onc prescribed prevsid 40mg. Have you tried that? It's sold otc at a lower dose. I'm also a cracker eater. Small meals. Elevate the head of your bed about 6 inches maybe. I hope after a yr it dosen't hit with nausea.
    Best to you. Sorry you can't sleep. Katz
  • pscheer
    pscheer Member Posts: 56 Member
    Peppermint helps with
    Peppermint helps with nausea. I always keep a few peppermints in my purse. Also lemon drops. Saltine crackers help. I read that being well hydrated helps, although I find it hard to drink water when nauseous. I use prilosec for heartburn. I have one of those bed pillows that have arms, it's kinda like a back piece with arm rests, so you can sit up in bed. They have them at Walmart. I usually start sleeping kinda sitting up and then ease down to lay my head on the arm piece. It's been a year and if I don't take my prilosec daily, I have heartburn. I did ask my Dr. if it was ok to take it before I started taking it. I am not on Femara, I had a lot of nausea during chemo and sometimes, still have it.