new

collp10
collp10 Member Posts: 2
new at this

Comments

• Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608
    Welcome
    Don't be shy. you can learn alot here about treatments and coping. You make a new friend and share tears and laughter. Remember: Women are like teabags; we don't know how strong we are until we get in hot water.

Diane
  • sitchy57
    sitchy57 Member Posts: 27

Welcome
    Don't be shy. you can learn alot here about treatments and coping. You make a new friend and share tears and laughter. Remember: Women are like teabags; we don't know how strong we are until we get in hot water.

Diane

tea bags
    I love that saying songflower about the teabags. Now if only I can remember it.
  • tears2overcome
    tears2overcome Member Posts: 98
    sitchy57 said:

tea bags
    I love that saying songflower about the teabags. Now if only I can remember it.

hey sitchy57
    I also havent been on here in awhile, but have to agree the comment is great about the teabags. I have grown so much with the few posts I have shared when first diagnosed. I hope that you find the great kindness and strength that I found with these beautiful ppl, as they are a strength that I have never known in my lifetime. God bless you, and you are strong and will overcome.
  • shirley1941
    shirley1941 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I'm a newbie also!
    My name is Shirley and I was recently diagnosed with UPSC. I am 69, married for 52 yrs, have 4 grown children, 10 Grandkids and 13 Great Grandkids. I live in Gridley.Ca (1 hr north of Sacramento on Hwy 99). I had my C125 test last Wed and my Cat Scan for staging this am. Will have results in 2-3 days and will get my surgery date soon. I have had breast cancer twice and had radiation and two rounds of chemo. I have been reading all your inputs and know that the strength is obvious among all of you. I am not afraid at this time as one of my breast cancers was very aggressive and God walked with me along with my loving husband. We will walk this journey together also. I know that I will feel the strength flowing from all of you too! God bless each and every one of you and keep his arms around all of us as we move along at different levels of treatment. I am aware of how important it is to keep positive thoughts and to keep fighting and have faith. Hugs to all, Shirley
  • nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681

Hi, I'm a newbie also!
    My name is Shirley and I was recently diagnosed with UPSC. I am 69, married for 52 yrs, have 4 grown children, 10 Grandkids and 13 Great Grandkids. I live in Gridley.Ca (1 hr north of Sacramento on Hwy 99). I had my C125 test last Wed and my Cat Scan for staging this am. Will have results in 2-3 days and will get my surgery date soon. I have had breast cancer twice and had radiation and two rounds of chemo. I have been reading all your inputs and know that the strength is obvious among all of you. I am not afraid at this time as one of my breast cancers was very aggressive and God walked with me along with my loving husband. We will walk this journey together also. I know that I will feel the strength flowing from all of you too! God bless each and every one of you and keep his arms around all of us as we move along at different levels of treatment. I am aware of how important it is to keep positive thoughts and to keep fighting and have faith. Hugs to all, Shirley

Wow! Shirley what a nice introduction. Welcome
    Same here we will walk this journey together and God will be with all of us. I was also married at 17. Two grown children and three grands. Are you from Guyana? Please keep us informed of you surgery and staging. Yes it is important to keep positive. Hugs. J
  • shirley1941
    nempark said:

Wow! Shirley what a nice introduction. Welcome
    Same here we will walk this journey together and God will be with all of us. I was also married at 17. Two grown children and three grands. Are you from Guyana? Please keep us informed of you surgery and staging. Yes it is important to keep positive. Hugs. J

Thanks for the welcome
    No, I am not from Guyana. I was born in Los Angeles and grew up in San Diego,CA. We have lived in northern CA since 1962 (also spent 7 1/2 yrs. in Oregon before returning to CA. I had my Cat Scan on Mon (9/20) and will let you know what I find out. Keep the faith and continue the fight. As I see it, there are only two possible outcomes for me as a Christian. I will either win the battle and continue life with my loving family here on this earth, or I will lose the battle and live with my Heavenly Father eternally. Either way, I am a winner!! (of course, my choice is the first one). I see you joined in April this year. Where are you in your treatment where do you live and what is your name?
    Much hugs and lots of prayers, Shirley
  • nempark

Thanks for the welcome
    No, I am not from Guyana. I was born in Los Angeles and grew up in San Diego,CA. We have lived in northern CA since 1962 (also spent 7 1/2 yrs. in Oregon before returning to CA. I had my Cat Scan on Mon (9/20) and will let you know what I find out. Keep the faith and continue the fight. As I see it, there are only two possible outcomes for me as a Christian. I will either win the battle and continue life with my loving family here on this earth, or I will lose the battle and live with my Heavenly Father eternally. Either way, I am a winner!! (of course, my choice is the first one). I see you joined in April this year. Where are you in your treatment where do you live and what is your name?

Shirley
    I asked about Guyana because there is where I came from and women get married there very young, also Shirley is quite a common name over there. I was diagnosed in October of 2009. Total hyst, omentum, lymp nodes, cervix and ovaries all removed. Had six rounds of chemo, no radiation. last chemo was in March and I am now six months in remission. I do still feel the effects of Chemo. I too am Christian, I am one of Jehovah's Witness and if it wasn't for my Great Wonderful Creator I don't think that I could have endured. I live in New Jersey and was diagnosed with MMMT which is mixed mullerian milignant tumor very rare endometrial cancer. I love your positive way of thinking continue to lean on our God and he will give us the strength and wisdom to make wise decisions and to endure this journey. Please, please let us know the latest on your pet scan. Love and comfort always. J.
  • shirley1941
    nempark said:

Shirley
    I asked about Guyana because there is where I came from and women get married there very young, also Shirley is quite a common name over there. I was diagnosed in October of 2009. Total hyst, omentum, lymp nodes, cervix and ovaries all removed. Had six rounds of chemo, no radiation. last chemo was in March and I am now six months in remission. I do still feel the effects of Chemo. I too am Christian, I am one of Jehovah's Witness and if it wasn't for my Great Wonderful Creator I don't think that I could have endured. I live in New Jersey and was diagnosed with MMMT which is mixed mullerian milignant tumor very rare endometrial cancer. I love your positive way of thinking continue to lean on our God and he will give us the strength and wisdom to make wise decisions and to endure this journey. Please, please let us know the latest on your pet scan. Love and comfort always. J.

Surgery at last!
    I haven't heard the results of the scan yet, but I do have a surgery date. It will be on Thursday, Oct. 14th. They are doing a complete historectomy (uteris, ovaries, falopian tubes and another thing (I cn't remember the name, but Dr. says it looks kind of like an apron in your stomach). She is going to check around the liver, intestines and remove some lymph nodes (I don't know how many). I will let you know when I get more info. I try to find the positive in all that happens and some of the plusses if I have chemo are: no shaving of legs and underarms, no chin hairs, no perms for awhile and I get a new head of hair! Humor also helps a lot (I found that out when I went through chemo before). Keep the faith and congrats on being in remission for 6 months. I send you warm hugs and prayers, Shirley
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Shirley, I currently live
    Hi Shirley, I currently live in San Diego, also lived for 9 years on Oregon. And, I have had breast cancer twice and now must deal with the UPSC. We have a few things in common.

It's been nearly 3 yrs since problems began that led to UPSC diagnosis - with Stage IV determined at debulking surgery in Jan '08. You've come to a place where you can share with people who can truly understand and can be a great resource due to our varied experiences and treatments. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and quick recovery. --Annie
  • shirley1941

Hi Shirley, I currently live
    Hi Shirley, I currently live in San Diego, also lived for 9 years on Oregon. And, I have had breast cancer twice and now must deal with the UPSC. We have a few things in common.

It's been nearly 3 yrs since problems began that led to UPSC diagnosis - with Stage IV determined at debulking surgery in Jan '08. You've come to a place where you can share with people who can truly understand and can be a great resource due to our varied experiences and treatments. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and quick recovery. --Annie

Wow! Even more in common
    Hi Annie, my husband and myself grew up in SD, moved in 1962 to the San Jose area and lived there for 30 years. Moved to Oregon in 1992 and lived there for 7 1/2 yrs.(Carlton which is about 4 mi from McMinnville). Moved back to CA in 1999 where we have been for 11 yrs now with no plans to move again!! I got the results from my cat scan and there is no more cancer showing other than the uterus. YEA!!! I pray that there will be none in the lymph nodes when they remove them. One step at a time, you know. What is debulking surgery and where are you now in your treatment or are you finished and in remission? Please let me know. Thank you for your support and I hope we can keep in touch.
    Warm hugs & prayers, Shirley
  • shirley1941
    nempark said:

Shirley

Good cat scan!
    Dear J,
    Isn't remission like music to your ears? I am so happy that you are in remission. Chemo is not a fun thing to go through, but it does make you stronger once you have endured it. It made me feel that I could conquer anything if I could go through the treatments and remain positive along that journey. God's help is what made it possible and always taking one day at a time! I will keep you in my prayers and send warm hugs, Shirley
    PS: what is your name or should I just refer to you as J?
  • nempark

Good cat scan!
    Dear J,
    Isn't remission like music to your ears? I am so happy that you are in remission. Chemo is not a fun thing to go through, but it does make you stronger once you have endured it. It made me feel that I could conquer anything if I could go through the treatments and remain positive along that journey. God's help is what made it possible and always taking one day at a time! I will keep you in my prayers and send warm hugs, Shirley
    PS: what is your name or should I just refer to you as J?

Hi Shirley
    Hi my name is June. The thing you talked about in front of your stomach that is like an apron is called omentum, it is a piece of fat that is lining the abdomen. One of the ladies on the board says that women are like tea bags we do not know how strong we are until we get in hot water. So my dear Shirley, you will do just as good as we all on this board did. You will be amazed at how much humans can endure. God created us to be able to fight and stand tall when we are faced with bad situations. What stage is your cancer? I know you will be alright because your Doc seems to know what she is about. Chemo is not that bad after all be positive and prep yourself before. Take some vitamins. I am looking forward to hearing how well you will do. Big hugs and comfort to you and your family. June
  • shirley1941
    nempark said:

Hi Shirley
    Hi my name is June. The thing you talked about in front of your stomach that is like an apron is called omentum, it is a piece of fat that is lining the abdomen. One of the ladies on the board says that women are like tea bags we do not know how strong we are until we get in hot water. So my dear Shirley, you will do just as good as we all on this board did. You will be amazed at how much humans can endure. God created us to be able to fight and stand tall when we are faced with bad situations. What stage is your cancer? I know you will be alright because your Doc seems to know what she is about. Chemo is not that bad after all be positive and prep yourself before. Take some vitamins. I am looking forward to hearing how well you will do. Big hugs and comfort to you and your family. June

Hi June, Thanks for the name
    Hi June, Thanks for the name of the "fat apron" (omentum). I still don't have the stage of my cancer but have completed all my pre-op tests. Now just have to do the "clean out" this coming Wed.(13th) as my surgery is on the 14th. Will be so relieved to get that behind me. I am not nervous about it, just tired of the bleeding I am experiencing spuratically (having to always wear a pad). I feel fine otherwise. Isn't it strange how you can have something so bad going on inside your body and not feel bad until symptoms become more threatening? Our God is awesome and I feel calm (thanks to HIM). Thank you for the info and I will let you know how things go. I do feel I am prepared for the Rad & Chemo if they are to be included in my treatment and looking for the positive, such as no shaving of legs or underarms, no chin hairs for awhile, a new head of hair when it is over, etc. I still have all my head covers from the chemo from the 2nd breast cancer. At that time,I had gone back to work part time with Hewlett-Packard as a receptionist in their x-ray division and visitors that came to tour our facility might have felt uncomfortable with me sitting there bald, therefore I had lots of different styles of head covers and since I had chemo for 9 months I have them in all colors for the different seasons. I don't know why I kept them instead of donating them, but here I am maybe needing them again. If I am able to go back to work during treatment this time, I will need them again, as I am a part time teller at the bank and of course meeting the public which I really like. I work at a very small branch here in town (only 4 tellers) and I cover lunches. I love all our customers as Gridley is a small town, so you know most all your customers.
    I seem to be rambling wo will cut it off for now. Thank you again for the info and God Bless You! Warm Hugs, Shirley
  • nempark
    Hi collp
    I was checking to see what you posted anything else. We are waiting to hear from you. Be well and remember we are here to support you. June
  • shirley1941
    Hi Collp10, please let us
    Hi Collp10, please let us hear from you and how you are doing. We are praying for you and want to share with you as we go through this together.
    Warm hugs and thoughts, Shirley1941
  • shirley1941

Hi Collp10, please let us
    Hi Collp10, please let us hear from you and how you are doing. We are praying for you and want to share with you as we go through this together.
    Warm hugs and thoughts, Shirley1941

Surgery ove!
    I want to let you all know that my surgery went well and am now home recovering and awaiting my journey with chemo and radiation. It is supposed to happen in a couple of weeks. We have not yet received the pathology report on the lymph nodes. Our daughter from Oregon has come down to help take care of me and will go home this Friday (10/29). I am doing very well, just can't get out of bed by myself yet, but can get up from my recliner YEA!! Our church family has been bringing us dinner each day and have poured out so much love to us. We are indeed very lucky and we have such an awesome GOD that holds us tight. I am worried about Collp10, please let us hear from you. I send you all warm hugs and lots of prayers, Shirley
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Surgery ove!
    I want to let you all know that my surgery went well and am now home recovering and awaiting my journey with chemo and radiation. It is supposed to happen in a couple of weeks. We have not yet received the pathology report on the lymph nodes. Our daughter from Oregon has come down to help take care of me and will go home this Friday (10/29). I am doing very well, just can't get out of bed by myself yet, but can get up from my recliner YEA!! Our church family has been bringing us dinner each day and have poured out so much love to us. We are indeed very lucky and we have such an awesome GOD that holds us tight. I am worried about Collp10, please let us hear from you. I send you all warm hugs and lots of prayers, Shirley

Congrats!
    Shirley, I am so happy that your surgery went well. What a relief! It is good you have your daughter and your church family. It helps makes recovery so much quicker. Keep up the great spirits. Remember though, don't over do it!

Hugs and wishes!

Kathy