Services for pink warrier

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got back from attending the services of a woman who I have known most of my life. My sister was married to her son. She was my neices' and nephews' grandmother. She was diagnosed over 4 years ago at stage 4 metastatic breast cancer.She was a strong warrior and she fought it for as long as she could fight. She was a wonderful woman.
I felt the air leave the room when I walked up to see her.
She was going to participate in the Komen walk with us on 10/10. Her granddaughter (my neice) who was born on her birthday and is her namesake is going to walk in her place.

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Its terribly sad when we
    Its terribly sad when we loose someone but on here even sadder to loose them to this stupid disease.... but she will be looking down on all of you with a big smile during your walk and be proud of all of you!!!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jo jo said:

Its terribly sad when we
    Its terribly sad when we loose someone but on here even sadder to loose them to this stupid disease.... but she will be looking down on all of you with a big smile during your walk and be proud of all of you!!!

I am so sorry Elm. Offering
    I am so sorry Elm. Offering my sympathy and prayers.

Hugs, Angie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Angie2U said:

I am so sorry Elm. Offering
    I am so sorry Elm. Offering my sympathy and prayers.

Hugs, Angie

She will be walking with you
    She will be walking with you Elm! My deepest sympathy to you.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    DebbyM said:

She will be walking with you
    She will be walking with you Elm! My deepest sympathy to you.

Elm
    I am sorry for your loss. Your friend and mentor just left and her spirit will be here with you forever.
    With deepest sympathy to you and your family,
    New Flower
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Elm, sending my condolences
    Elm, sending my condolences your way. It is always so hard to hear of a fallen warrior especially when they are one of sisters fighting for their life. I hope the memories that were made between you sustain you in the coming days. May she rest in peace. Sending a comforting (((hug))) to you!!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    I'm So Sorry
    Its a fact we don't like to hear, that another one of the pink warriors has lost the battle. I think it makes us fight harder. I know she will be looking down on you and all of us that day. Bless her daughter for being able to do this in her name so soon.
    Love Pat
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    padee6339 said:

I'm So Sorry
    Its a fact we don't like to hear, that another one of the pink warriors has lost the battle. I think it makes us fight harder. I know she will be looking down on you and all of us that day. Bless her daughter for being able to do this in her name so soon.
    Love Pat

Sorry Elm
    Sending my sympathy and prayers!

Hugs, Megan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Elm, sending my condolences
    Elm, sending my condolences your way. It is always so hard to hear of a fallen warrior especially when they are one of sisters fighting for their life. I hope the memories that were made between you sustain you in the coming days. May she rest in peace. Sending a comforting (((hug))) to you!!

I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your loss. Sending big hugs and lots of prayers.

Jan
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    So sorry Elm, my deepest
    So sorry Elm, my deepest sympathy to you and yours!! Big hugs!
    Kari
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Elm
    sorry for your loss. As you walk she will be with you in spirit. Know that you walk for many! Thanks!
    [[hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

So sorry Elm, my deepest
    So sorry Elm, my deepest sympathy to you and yours!! Big hugs!
    Kari

I'm sorry for the loss of
    I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. As everyone else wrote, she will be walking with you in spirit.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Elm
    sorry for your loss. As you walk she will be with you in spirit. Know that you walk for many! Thanks!
    [[hugs}} Char

I also am so sorry to read
    I also am so sorry to read about your loss. As everyone else wrote, she will be with you during the walk.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    jnl said:

I also am so sorry to read
    I also am so sorry to read about your loss. As everyone else wrote, she will be with you during the walk.

Hugs, Leeza

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know the walk will be different, but, she will be watching from Heaven.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So Sorry
    So sorry to heat about your loss. Just remember that she will always be with you in your heart.

Hugs
    Georgia
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    ladyg said:

So Sorry
    So sorry to heat about your loss. Just remember that she will always be with you in your heart.

Hugs
    Georgia

in sympathy
    I am sorry for your loss.She will always be there with you in spirit. With a big hug, K
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    KayNYC said:

in sympathy
    I am sorry for your loss.She will always be there with you in spirit. With a big hug, K

My sympathy to for your
    My sympathy to for your loss. She will be the newest bright star in the sky!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Im so sorry for your loss,
    Im so sorry for your loss, and what a wonderful gift her grandaughter will take her place.