zometa and kidneys

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been on zometa for 18 months now--receiving it once a month IV. My BUN is creeping up slowly (now 24) and my GFR is going down slowly (now 59-60). Has anyone else had this problem? I see my onc in a couple of weeks and will ask him when I should worry about it?? And what, besides hydrating, I can do (if anything).

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I recieve zometa twice a
    I recieve zometa twice a year, I had one infusion and the checked my BUN and CR prior to the infusion. I am not sure what they do if your renal function tests are altered. I know hydration helps the BUN but not sure extra fluid is good for the kidneys, if other labs are off.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    carkris said:

I recieve zometa twice a
    I recieve zometa twice a year, I had one infusion and the checked my BUN and CR prior to the infusion. I am not sure what they do if your renal function tests are altered. I know hydration helps the BUN but not sure extra fluid is good for the kidneys, if other labs are off.

Not sure about my #'s but my
    Not sure about my #'s but my Onc took me off the monthly and moved it to once every 90 days.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    I am not on Zometa Cynthia,
    I am not on Zometa Cynthia, but, am wishing you good luck. Be sure and let us know what your oncologist says.