carcinoid tumors in lungs

lck102
lck102 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am a 42 yr old woman and I have had carcinoid tumors in my lungs now almost 4 years. I had surgery to remove the biggest tumor which resulted in taking my left upper lobe of the lung. I have done many searches for these tumors and I still don't understand them. What I would like to know is there anyone else that has this type of cancer, if so I would like to talk with you.

Comments

• dannysgirl3
    dannysgirl3 Member Posts: 1
    carcinoid tumor...
    Hello, my boyfriend just had a carcinoid tumor removed from his right lung along with two of his bottom lobes about 3 months ago. I am here to talk to you if you need to. I would like to hear your story, I am very curious about this cancer. I know that my boyfriend's doctor said that a carcinoid tumor is very rare.
  • unwindn2@aol.com
    unwindn2@aol.com Member Posts: 2
    atypical neruoendocrine carcinoid tumor
    First time on this sight. I was diagnosed 11/09. I consulted with 1 pulmonologist, 2 thoracsic surgeons and 3 oncologist. They all said this was rare, in a very challenging place (under the aortic arch, pressing on the airways) It took 2 biopsies, a bronchioscope and a review by the tumor board before the type of cancer was determined. I had the upper lobe of my left lung removed 2/26/09. There were 15 lymp nodes positive for cancer. Of which 3 had spread outside the lung to the mediastinin. Therefore after recovering from surgery I started 4 cycles with 3 days in a row per cycle with 3 weeks between cycles of Carboplatin and Etoposide chemo as well as radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks on May 12. I finished July 23, 2010. August 12, after my first MRI and CT scan I was told by my primary oncologist that I am cancer free. I would love to chat with you any time you are available. I was told by my oncologist there are no studies about out type of cancer because there aren't enough people with it to form study groups. He can't tell me if it will come back or not because they have no way of knowing.
  • netcaster147
    netcaster147 Member Posts: 2
    carcinoid cancer
    I just went through a lung resectioning to remove a carcinoid tumor from my right mainstream broncus and at home recovering
  • netcaster147
    netcaster147 Member Posts: 2
    carcinoid cancer
    I