Ok, I'm scared

dixiegirl
dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm scared and I can't help it. Ten days of stool softners and still thin stools. I know I am projecting, but I am scared.

Could just be that we got bad news about my husbands Aunt. She's had colon cancer twice, and now it's in her bladder. Has to have her bladder removed, part of her vagina and likely won't be able to save her colon either.

Today just sucked. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hey There
    Dixie

Understandable that your mind can race when you hear bad news - very easy to project that toward yourself, because it brings up strong reminders about our own lives and such.

Are you scheduled for a colonoscopy? If you have not done so, this would be the first stop for you right there. From there, you will have alot more information and can then begin to plan out your course of action, if needed.

I hope it is nothing, but sometimes where there's smoke - there's fire. Best to get this addressed and then this will really help you take control of your situation.

All the best!

-Craig
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Hey There
    Dixie

Understandable that your mind can race when you hear bad news - very easy to project that toward yourself, because it brings up strong reminders about our own lives and such.

Are you scheduled for a colonoscopy? If you have not done so, this would be the first stop for you right there. From there, you will have alot more information and can then begin to plan out your course of action, if needed.

I hope it is nothing, but sometimes where there's smoke - there's fire. Best to get this addressed and then this will really help you take control of your situation.

All the best!

-Craig

Colonoscopy
    I have a colonoscopy scheduled for wedneday morning. I know I am not hungry now, but come tuesday? I will likely be starving LOL.

I know it is not a good sign. I already am surviving lymphoma and am worried my cancer is moving to my colon. Just really don't want to think about cancer growing while I am on maintenance for my NHL.

Thank you for the kind words Craig. I appreciate it.

Beth
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Dixie,
    Tomorrow will be a

Dixie,
    Tomorrow will be a better day for you. I'm sorry you are going through this. Please hang in there. We will be praying for you and that the colonoscopy goes well.
    Love,
    Linda and Ellie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Hey There
    Dixie

All the best!

-Craig

Not to try and bullchit you......
    But straight fact.....I had thin stools and it got progressively thinner. There was a tumor closing in on my large intestine ......Now before we get hysterical here, it was a very slow growth and they determined that it had been there for 10 years or better. It had turned to cancer in less than a year after being there for 10 years . They figured from the size and approx growth rate of that type. Soooo it may very well be a fatty tumor growing in the muscle tissue and shoving against the colon, it may be an abcess, it may be a hemmaroid, there are numerous things that it could be.. Do not dwell on it for whatever it is it is, but now is the time to get your head wrapped around it and get busy with the task at hand, that being a determination and a plan of attack. ...get an answer, for mental being if nothing else..and then move forward....Love, Hope, and Calm for you..........Clift
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry
    I'm very sorry about your husband's aunt. Sounds like she has a real battle on her hands.

I know you're scared and worried, and I would be, too. But I pray that the answer for you will be something other than cancer.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sorry Dixie Girl
    I am so sorry today sucked. I hope tomorrow will be WAY better. Good for you for booking the colonoscopy.