cancer treatment centers of america

elizarose
elizarose Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone have any experience with Cancer Treatment Centers of America?

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    No .. but I recognize 'the name' from the commericals I've
    seen on TV ... I wish I did have some information for you, Elizarose.

Anyone else -- ???
  • VickiSam
    sorry ...
    double post .. server issues, I guess!
  • VickiSam
    sorry .. again
    triple post ..
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Commercials
    I see lots of their commercials - that's all I know.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Rague said:

Commercials
    I see lots of their commercials - that's all I know.

I called
    when first diagnosed and they didnt take my insurance :(
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508

I called
    when first diagnosed and they didnt take my insurance :(

Same..
    They have fabulous advertisement and without a doubt, if I could, I would have been treated there, but they were out of network, so I was treated at Fox Chase. If you're insurance covers treatment there, don't hesitate... GO FOR IT!
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Cancer Treatment Centers
    I had a friend who had terminal bile duct cancer and she went to the CTC in Chicago. They were wonderful to her there.

I have another friend who had a rare form of leukemia and she went to Houston. She goes every six months for appts. and really has faith in them.

As far as knowing anything about their policies or practices, I'm not sure, but I do know they like for you to eat healthy while in treatment.

Hope some of that helped!?!?

Reese
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    I called them once and they
    I called them once and they gave me the brush off because I have Medicare...they wouldn't send any brochures or info...
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

I called them once and they
    I called them once and they gave me the brush off because I have Medicare...they wouldn't send any brochures or info...

There is one in
    There is one in Philadelphia, but they are not covered under my insurance.
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Same..
    They have fabulous advertisement and without a doubt, if I could, I would have been treated there, but they were out of network, so I was treated at Fox Chase. If you're insurance covers treatment there, don't hesitate... GO FOR IT!

I would be very careful with
    I would be very careful with CTA as i have seen and heard hundreds of disappointing stoires and comments exposing red flags.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    In today's mail
    I actually got a request for donation from them. Other than commercials I don't know anything about them. I have 2 very good cancer centers within a half hour drive. Both are associated with the hospitals in their towns. I have been treated wonderfully and would have no reason to go anywhere else.
    Char
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    personally i do not have any experience with them
    however, i have heard from people who have used them, they are really really good with the customer service aspect of their business, but their treatments and equipment have not kept up with the latest!

their commercials do sound too good to be true
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Cross reference
    I post to the Colon Cancer and Caregiver's board. Sometimes I go to other boards to see if trhey have something useful that i can tell my mom since she has colon cancer. Both of those boards have past posts on the center. No one spoke highly of them, but I'd look for posts from July to now, because that is where I saw them and you can get opinions of different people.

Hope this helps.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

No .. but I recognize 'the name' from the commericals I've
    seen on TV ... I wish I did have some information for you, Elizarose.

Anyone else -- ???

I also have just seen the
    I also have just seen the ads on tv, but, I don't know anyone that has gone to one.