A proud Mom and Grandma

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just had to let everyone know how proud I am of my daughter, Jennifer(32) and granddaughter, Julia(4). Yesterday they both got their PINK HAIR for BC awareness to support me and all of my pink warrior friends. Jen has been a rock since my dx and treatments. She lives 2hrs away but calls everyday and even arranges special surprises for me. One day I answered the door to find the local Boy Scouts cleaning up my flower beds. She had contacted them and they made my yard their weekly project. Julia always asks if I've taken my medicine and if I was brave and didn't cry. Little does she know I cry everytime she asks me.Just had to let you all know again how proud and honored I feel.

Comments

• Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Blessings
    You are truly blessed. That is how I feel about my family also. Daughter and family 2 grand-daughters 1 grand-son are very supportive. Son and family 1 grand-son and grand-daughter send e-mails of support. Family and Faith is where our strength comes from. Pray constantly for yourselves and all on this board. "If God has brought you to it, He will get you through it."
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    You are very fortunate to
    You are very fortunate to have a loving and caring daughter. What a wonderful surprise to answer the door and receive your latest gift. Family has always been the backbone of my life and I am so thankful for them. I can't imagine going through this without them but I do know that the ladies and men on this site are the next best thing!! Take care.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Blessings
    You are truly blessed. That is how I feel about my family also. Daughter and family 2 grand-daughters 1 grand-son are very supportive. Son and family 1 grand-son and grand-daughter send e-mails of support. Family and Faith is where our strength comes from. Pray constantly for yourselves and all on this board. "If God has brought you to it, He will get you through it."

So sweet
    I know I would be in trouble without my daughter and sil and son and dil. They have done so much for me.My three grandkids are my little rays of sunshine!! I know I will fight anything for them. God has blessed us with our families. God bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    aww your daughter &
    aww your daughter & granddaughter sound like sweet hearts. It's kinda funny that since my mom & I are both going through breast cancer together, we STILL do those little things & surprises for each other. I'm glad that you have the love & support of your daughter while you're going through this, it makes all the difference in the world to have a great support system :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

aww your daughter &
    aww your daughter & granddaughter sound like sweet hearts. It's kinda funny that since my mom & I are both going through breast cancer together, we STILL do those little things & surprises for each other. I'm glad that you have the love & support of your daughter while you're going through this, it makes all the difference in the world to have a great support system :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

What a blessing! You are so
    What a blessing! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter and granddaughter! I am so happy for you!

Sue :)
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    How sweet!!!
    What a blessing your sweet daughter and grand daughter are to you.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face with that touching story.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sea60 said:

How sweet!!!
    What a blessing your sweet daughter and grand daughter are to you.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face with that touching story.

Hugs,

Sylvia

thats so lovely, you can
    thats so lovely, you can read in your post how much joy it gives you. They sound like wonderful people!
  • grandmaof2
    grandmaof2 Member Posts: 4
    proud mom and grandma
    What a great story-you must be so proud of them. I too have had tremendous support from both of my daughters (Melissa-33 & Krista 26) who have taken the stand that cooking healthy foods will help me along-they bring me containers of food they have prepared and make sure that I eat them. They each call me every day to check on me-(they live a little over an hour away)My granddaughters(Maggie-5 and Kaitlyn 3) are always surprising me with little cards that they make and always their smiles and hugs and kisses make everything better.
    I am truly blessed.
    Marlene