alimta

Suecoon
Suecoon Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am new and just finished with my chemo treatment. the cancer has shrunk but he is puting me on alimta.How is this medicine? I have stage 3b in my bronchial tube.

Comments

• KWeiser
    KWeiser Member Posts: 16
    new with alimta
    I have stage 4 in lungs and other body parts. Alimta is my second line of treatment, just had 3rd round of it on Tuesday. I have been blessed to have rarely any side effects, just a small loss of appetite. I was about the same in regards to side effects on first line of treatment, which was Taxol and Carboplatin. So it could just be me, since everyone reacts differently. Alimta's website is pretty good with the description of side effects and I have seen others on this site taking Alimta as well. Hope that you do well on the Alimta and your side effects are minimal. Take care,
    Kelly
  • Suecoon
    Suecoon Member Posts: 6
    Alimta
    Doctor said my alimta starts on the 27th. I am forty seven years old.My hair is starting to grow back. Did real good at firts line chemo and rads. Hope I do good on this. Thanks. My name is Sue.
  • 1blessedamongus
    1blessedamongus Member Posts: 15
    Suecoon said:

Alimta
    Doctor said my alimta starts on the 27th. I am forty seven years old.My hair is starting to grow back. Did real good at firts line chemo and rads. Hope I do good on this. Thanks. My name is Sue.

My husband took Alimta but I
    My husband took Alimta but I don't recall any real bad side effects from it maybe a slight drop in white blood cell count.
  • sammigirl2215
    sammigirl2215 Member Posts: 5

My husband took Alimta but I
    My husband took Alimta but I don't recall any real bad side effects from it maybe a slight drop in white blood cell count.

Almita
    I have been on Almita since July, I have had little to no side effectas from it. Just alittle tired. I also have seen a great improvement with my cancer. In fact they said I was in a partial re-mission from it. I hope his helps.