home from masectomy

anaumann
anaumann Member Posts: 60 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Home and feeling little better each day. Thanks for your encoragement and prayers. Still become anxious when I feel tingling or warmness under arm or underarm. Don't know if temperature flashes come from surgery trama, anestesia, healing or nerves or heat wave in nj? trying to rest and get stronger. ann

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Ann,
    Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing well. Will continue sending prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Ann,
    Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing well. Will continue sending prayers your way. Hugs, Jean

Rest and relax, lots of nerves get cut and you get funny feelings. praying it all goes smoothly!!!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Ann
    Glad your home and that

Ann
    Glad your home and that part is over...now just rest and finish healing.
    But yes you get all kinds of funny feelings cuz of them cutting nerves and such.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Ann,

Praying for a smooth and
    Praying for a smooth and quick recovery for you Ann.

Hugs, Angie
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Ann
    glad you're home from the hospital and recovering from surgery. Take the time to heal and the rest will fall into place. Sending gentle {{hugs}}
    Char
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    Glad you are home and doing
    Glad you are home and doing well. There are a million things to worry about aren't there? Just get lots of rest and you will feel better each day!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Wishing you
    a speedy recovery Ann! Take really good care of yourself and be very
    gentle with yourself. It gets frustrating around week two (at least for me),
    but be try and be patient and don't push yourself. I think I added a week
    to my healing because I became impatient.

Do you have expanders in? That seems to take longer to heal.

Hugging you (very carefully)

Ayse
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    glad to hear you are home and feeling better
    i was a few days ahead of you - got home on the 19th. i too experienced that feeling of tingling in the arm - was terrified to move because i didn't want to disturb the drains. drains are now out, and healing well. am wishing the same for you.

gentle hugs from heidi
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    heidijez said:

glad to hear you are home and feeling better
    i was a few days ahead of you - got home on the 19th. i too experienced that feeling of tingling in the arm - was terrified to move because i didn't want to disturb the drains. drains are now out, and healing well. am wishing the same for you.

gentle hugs from heidi

Happy that you are home now
    Happy that you are home now Ann and that your surgery is behind you!

You rest and heal quickly.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sue :)