Seeing my sisters--happy news

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My younger sis is in town from San Diego with her son. They are doing the college tour and checking out Tulane this week. Anyway, I believe she has been about 6 yrs since having a local recurrence. My older sister is here too and she has been about 20 ys since DCIS. We are meeting for dinner tonight in N.O I will try and take pix of the 3 survivors. The other sister (lives in Seattle) won't be able to make it; she is the only one who has not had breast cancer (dern). I love sister reunions!

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Dear Cynthia, you girls enjoy your dinner tonight, and giggle a lot for all of us. Being around each other must be a blast, as you have the unique position of hearing of survival from a 20 year b/c patient, as well as a 6 year survivor. You have your own little family to compare treatment with, but most importantly, you do have your family. I am jealous. Especially when I hear "dinner tonight in N.O". Eat a crawdad for me please. Hugs, Judy
  • CypressCynthia

Dear Cynthia, you girls enjoy your dinner tonight, and giggle a lot for all of us. Being around each other must be a blast, as you have the unique position of hearing of survival from a 20 year b/c patient, as well as a 6 year survivor. You have your own little family to compare treatment with, but most importantly, you do have your family. I am jealous. Especially when I hear "dinner tonight in N.O". Eat a crawdad for me please. Hugs, Judy

Thanks so much. And don't
    Thanks so much. And don't my history--Stage 4 now and have been a survivor for 23 years (mets for 1 1/2 yrs). We are fighting on together!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I totally understand where
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Well, not exactly, but kind of. I have 1 sister and love her dearly. She lives in the same town and we exercise together, so I get to see her several times a week. There is nothing like family!! Have a wonderful time tonight with your sisters.
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Sisters are wonderful. I
    Sisters are wonderful. I have 3 sisters and we get together once a year for a "sister's weekend" it is always full of laughter and some tears. Enjoy your time with you sisters.
    Sparkle
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thanks so much. And don't my history--Stage 4 now and have been a survivor for 23 years (mets for 1 1/2 yrs). We are fighting on together!

CC .. What a wonderful way to spend - Friday night - girls
    nights out with your sisters, more importantly - your freinds. Enjoy your time together, and savor each moment.

Saints Rule .. 2 wins under their belts!

Mrs. Peyton Manning ...
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Woooo Hooooo for sisters
    Woooo Hooooo for sisters nite out....i love doing that too. You 3 have a blast...that is just so awesome!!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    No showing your boobs off at
    No showing your boobs off at the restaurant, you three! It isn't Mardi Gras yet and as happy as you all are to be sisters and survivor sisters at that, there is still a bit of decorum! You may, however, wear beads....

Have a great time!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    You definitely deserve it. Hugs, Jean
  • CypressCynthia
    chenheart said:

No showing your boobs off at
    No showing your boobs off at the restaurant, you three! It isn't Mardi Gras yet and as happy as you all are to be sisters and survivor sisters at that, there is still a bit of decorum! You may, however, wear beads....

Have a great time!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Old Timer Survivors
    No, we behaved (well sort of). Anyway, we've never shown our boobs in public--I have a feeling that it is mainly tourists doing that ;-). We get all the beads we want--they even sell a pretty big supply at Wal Mart down here.

The new photo is of the 3 (of 4) sisters from tonight at the restaurant. I am in the middle. The shorter sister on the left is my younger sister and my older sister is on the right. All three of us are survivors. I think my older sister has been in remission about 15-20 yrs (she had DCIS)--I can't remember anymore! My younger sister had a local recurrence about 6 yrs ago, but is doing well today. I had the bone mets in 2009, but am doing very well now.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Have a wonderful weekend!
    You definitely deserve it. Hugs, Jean

CC .. what a wonderful view of sisterhood,
    survivorship and Love. KUDOS to all 3 of you.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Hope you have a wonderful
    Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631

Old Timer Survivors
    No, we behaved (well sort of). Anyway, we've never shown our boobs in public--I have a feeling that it is mainly tourists doing that ;-). We get all the beads we want--they even sell a pretty big supply at Wal Mart down here.

The new photo is of the 3 (of 4) sisters from tonight at the restaurant. I am in the middle. The shorter sister on the left is my younger sister and my older sister is on the right. All three of us are survivors. I think my older sister has been in remission about 15-20 yrs (she had DCIS)--I can't remember anymore! My younger sister had a local recurrence about 6 yrs ago, but is doing well today. I had the bone mets in 2009, but am doing very well now.

Cynthia
    I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the weekend with your sisters :-) I'm sure you each support one another through every ordeal. My youngest sister is the one who lives in WA and 3 of us are in CT with bc. My pic is Labor Day at my house. I'm on the left and my youngest sister is on the right. The one next to her is the one with a DCIS recurrence after 9 years. The one next to me is a 8 year survivor. I have lost 3" in height since menopause and gained a lot of weight. I look like my father more than any one else in my family. The 3 of us get together for birthdays and holidays and the youngest treks back to CT once a year!
    Char
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Love the pics of you and
    Love the pics of you and your sisters and I am so happy that you all got to get together. Aren't sisters just the best?

Hugs, Megan