Marlene_K better known as Mar where are you and how are you?

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone heard from Marlene of N.J.? She was very active and completed her treatment a month or 2 before me. We get so attached and wonder when we dont hear. I'm sure she's catching up with life but hope she checks in with us soon.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marlene K .. Mar // come out come out from where ever
    you are ...
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    VickiSam said:

Marlene K .. Mar // come out come out from where ever
    you are ...

DITTO VICKI SAM :)

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    natly15 said:

Been
    wondering about her as well. Mar, hope all is well with you! We miss you!
    Hugz,
    Cat
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    I'm so sorry...
    I'm so sorry I haven't come here in so long! So many of you helped me in the most desperate time of my life and I didn't mean at all to just walk away and turn my back on you. I needed a break away from here. It used to help me so much but I found I was getting very anxious about the cancer returning when I would read all the posts about recurrence. I suppose the fear will never go away and I have to learn to face it. I'm sure all of us wish we could erase the fact that we had cancer, but we can't. I am a little over 5 months out of radiation treatment and 7 months out from chemo, and so far, so good. I had some side effects from Tamoxifen but they seem to have gotten better. My doctor convinced me that I'm lucky I can take it, so basically... grin and bear it. My knees took the brunt of it, but I started taking Osteo Bi-Flex and they are almost back to normal. In the beginning, I was walking like I was 90 years old!

When I first found this site when I was diagnosed, I remember reading posts from all the wonderful survivors here. I thought it could only be a dream that I would one day be one of you. I longed for the day I could give someone like me hope that they can survive. I have been blessed with that opportunity and it's time to reach out!

Thank you so much for reaching out and I hope I can remain devoted enough to come here once in a while. I'm going to try to read a little here to catch up a bit.

Natly, thank you and I'm looking forward to catching up with you.

♥ Mar
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Marlene_K said:

I'm so sorry...
    I'm so sorry I haven't come here in so long! So many of you helped me in the most desperate time of my life and I didn't mean at all to just walk away and turn my back on you. I needed a break away from here. It used to help me so much but I found I was getting very anxious about the cancer returning when I would read all the posts about recurrence. I suppose the fear will never go away and I have to learn to face it. I'm sure all of us wish we could erase the fact that we had cancer, but we can't. I am a little over 5 months out of radiation treatment and 7 months out from chemo, and so far, so good. I had some side effects from Tamoxifen but they seem to have gotten better. My doctor convinced me that I'm lucky I can take it, so basically... grin and bear it. My knees took the brunt of it, but I started taking Osteo Bi-Flex and they are almost back to normal. In the beginning, I was walking like I was 90 years old!

When I first found this site when I was diagnosed, I remember reading posts from all the wonderful survivors here. I thought it could only be a dream that I would one day be one of you. I longed for the day I could give someone like me hope that they can survive. I have been blessed with that opportunity and it's time to reach out!

Thank you so much for reaching out and I hope I can remain devoted enough to come here once in a while. I'm going to try to read a little here to catch up a bit.

Natly, thank you and I'm looking forward to catching up with you.

♥ Mar

Welcome back
    I am glad that you are doing well. Yeah we have to face it BC will be with us forever. Every time when I am going for check up I realize it. Even when everything is fine I feel sad.
    Looking forward, be aware of your body and celebrate life.
    New Flower
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member

Welcome back
    I am glad that you are doing well. Yeah we have to face it BC will be with us forever. Every time when I am going for check up I realize it. Even when everything is fine I feel sad.
    New Flower

Good to hear from you,
    Good to hear from you, Marlene, I missed you. I can so understand your anxiety as I think most of us do. Take care.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Welcome back
    New Flower

So good to hear from you
    So good to hear from you Marlene. I know a lot of us take breaks from here and some leave after treatments and start living full and happy lives. I think that is a part of getting past bc and actually moving on.

Wishing you all the best!

Hugs, Debby
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Thank you so much, ladies!
    Thank you so much, ladies! I have thought about each of you and am so happy to see your posts! We have a LOT to be thankful for and this site is for sure one of them. I don't think I could've made it as far as I did without it... that combined with the love of me kids, who without, I wouldn't have had the willpower to fight.