Look Good Feel Better

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I attended a session on Look Good, Feel Better sponsored by ACS. It was wonderful. There were about 9 of us cancer patients. We had a certified beautician who was so helpful. We each received a bag full of cosmetics valued at well over $200. They even had free wigs for anyone who wanted one.
Char

Comments

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    cahjah75
    Hi Cahjah75,I went to one of those also it was great i really enjoyed the beauticians and the the cancer patients ,your right a bag full of cosmetics.hope your doing good i had breast cancer had a mastectomy in june started chemo in july end of the month and on friday oct.1 my last aggressive chemo and then after that taxotere not sure what to expect I will keep all the ladies in my prayers. Mollyz
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I've been to 2 of them
    The first one I went to was before my hair left. It was at the CCI I was going to and really enjoyed it. I had cut my hair a lot by then though it was still in a 'long gypsy'. The CCI had already given me a wig but it just wasn't me but the Hairdresser said she had a wig down at her Salon that she'd thought there would be no one that it's work for as it was a fairly long gypsy. Well I went to her salon the next and it was nice so I got it. As winter went on and the snow and wind started blowning almost all the time it didn't work too well so VA got me a really cute little short wig that could blow all it wanted in the wind and still not look like a wig.

The second time I went was after Taxol had taken all my lashes (and brows) away. They had thined on A/C but weren't too bad. I'd been practicing doing my brows while i still had some as a 'pattern' so didn't have problems with them but could not get liner on to look even vaguely decent with no lashes. Got great tips that did work pretty good.

It's a great program.

Susan