Dad came today...........

pinkflutterby
pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well my Dad came today to meet with my kids. He had a great idea abd brought chalkboard paint amd chalk with him and suggested we paint the door to the garage to be a giant chalk board and make a chore list for everyone in the house and a space to put important events like days they wont be home to help me.

Of course he ended it with telling them they could always move out and he would hire me a home health ad person.....

we shall see :) for now :)

thanks to all who responded and for all your suggestions!!!!!

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yay for Dad!!!!!
    Hopefully, your children will listen to their Grandfather! Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Progress!!!!! I have
    Progress!!!!! I have chalkboard paint on one cupboard door in the kitchen( great for shopping lists!) and one wall in the guestroom is also painted with chalkboard paint~ it was great when we had kids still living here. We left notes back and forth regularly! Or drew smiley faces!

I hope this is a big step in the right direction for you and especially your kids!!! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to exhale and know everyone is doing their part?? Here's hoping! YAY YAY YAY!!!

:-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

Progress!!!!! I have
    Progress!!!!! I have chalkboard paint on one cupboard door in the kitchen( great for shopping lists!) and one wall in the guestroom is also painted with chalkboard paint~ it was great when we had kids still living here. We left notes back and forth regularly! Or drew smiley faces!

I hope this is a big step in the right direction for you and especially your kids!!! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to exhale and know everyone is doing their part?? Here's hoping! YAY YAY YAY!!!

:-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank goodness
    Glad someone stepped in. it was above outrageous and I worried about you . hope it all works.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

Thank goodness
    Glad someone stepped in. it was above outrageous and I worried about you . hope it all works.

I hope
    he will keep his words. I hope you will get physical help and peaceful house. Wishing everything will be back to normal (survivor normal) and you feel stronger soon.
    Hugs
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    What an awesome dad you
    What an awesome dad you have. Took charge and became the "bad" guy. Good for him and good for you. Hope it works. katz
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Katz77 said:

What an awesome dad you
    What an awesome dad you have. Took charge and became the "bad" guy. Good for him and good for you. Hope it works. katz

Terrific idea .. never thought of this! I hope the
    chalk board is working .. How are the kids taking this change? Is is extremely difficult to continue rearing our grown or almost grown children when we are facing our own personal 'war' against breast cancer - and all that it bring with it. Did I mention the side efforts that continue to change and engulf our being? Please remind yourself this a your fight, and it's time to concentrate on YOU, your health and getting to the finish line.

Crossing my fingers and toes ....

Strength and Courage:-D

Vicki Sam