I have a question..

newhopechurchli
newhopechurchli Member Posts: 126
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Did anyone have vaginal watery vaginal discharge AFTER hysterectomy and debulking surgery? After my internal radiation - I was extremely dry... that was 2 years ago. Now over the past few weeks I have been extremely watery. This makes me nervous but it doesn't really make sense to me because I have no uterus or ovaries... so where does the discharge come from? Probably a silly question. I will be seeing my doctor soon and I will ask her... but I am really getting anxious now. I can't find anything on line about it.

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    Did you have brachytherapy also?
    In addition to pelvic radiation, I had 3 rounds of internal radiation, and have to use a vaginal dilator (no worse than inserting a tampon) 10 minutes a day. I noticed there is sometimes a tiny drop of very very watery blood on the top of the dilator and sometimes a little in my underwear now and then. I asked my gyne-onc about it and he said (quote) "some seepage is normal". He's examined me every 3 months for the past year since my radiation and nothing is ever wrong. Definately bring it up with your oncologist and have him do an internal exam since it is a new occurance. But don't stress. I'd be willing to bet it's nothing. ((((hugs)))).
  • newhopechurchli
    newhopechurchli Member Posts: 126

Did you have brachytherapy also?
    In addition to pelvic radiation, I had 3 rounds of internal radiation, and have to use a vaginal dilator (no worse than inserting a tampon) 10 minutes a day. I noticed there is sometimes a tiny drop of very very watery blood on the top of the dilator and sometimes a little in my underwear now and then. I asked my gyne-onc about it and he said (quote) "some seepage is normal". He's examined me every 3 months for the past year since my radiation and nothing is ever wrong. Definately bring it up with your oncologist and have him do an internal exam since it is a new occurance. But don't stress. I'd be willing to bet it's nothing. ((((hugs)))).

Thank you Linda
    Yes, I did have internal radiation (it was definitely NO fun!!!) I didn't experience any discharge at that time and that's why I got a little nervous now I guess. I just seems like all of a sudden I have this problem. I know so many women on this site have had recurrences and I was wondering if it was a sign. But thank you for telling me your Dr said seepage is normal- at least that calms my nerves until I can get to the Doctor
    Hugs Back :)