It's my turn....

Dot53
Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's finally here... after ten long months this Monday morning my turtle shells (expanders) will come out and the new twins will go in... I know you're all busy but if possible will you all please be there with me? I am a bit nervous about going under the knife again and just knowing you are there in spirit will be a great comfort.... and for those who have already been through this, can you please remind me again how easy peasy its going to be?

Thanks..

Much love,
Dot

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Hi Dot
    YEAH...your getting

Hi Dot
    YEAH...your getting your exchange and your loosing the turtle shells!!! Thats so exciting!
    The surgery is so worth it...its not as bad as the mastectomy surgery but its not a cake walk either but soooo worth it! Just think in a short time from now your going to have a new great pair of boobs...Wooooo hoooo!
    Keep us updated on how it goes!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Not been thru it
    but have read from others that it's so worth it. Will be there with you in spirit.

marge
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Dot
    wishing you the best for the upcoming exchange surgery. I have opted for no reconstruction for now. I've had way too many surgeries in the past 4 years to last me a long time and I'm 61.
    Char
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Dot
    wishing you the best for the upcoming exchange surgery. I have opted for no reconstruction for now. I've had way too many surgeries in the past 4 years to last me a long time and I'm 61.
    Char

I've not been through it
    BUT...you can rest assured that there will be a lot of thoughts there with you! Best wishes.
    Marsha
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I've not been through it
    BUT...you can rest assured that there will be a lot of thoughts there with you! Best wishes.
    Marsha

Been there, done that and I will NEVER regret my
    decision .. Pain, and a few uncomfortable days and night await you. Pillows and dishware at lower levels. Milk and grab foods a comfortable level in frige. You don't want to over use your arms for washing laundry, or mowing the lawn .. haha ...

Give .. Laverne and Shirley time to settle into their new home.

Best of Luck, prayers going out to you.

Strength and Courage ..

Vicki Sam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Dot, I'll be there with you
    Dot, I'll be there with you and good luck on Monday!! I am waiting for that day, as well. I don't go back to my PS until the end of October and then we will schedule the date. I am so ready!! Let us know how it goes and how you are doing.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    We are all here for you!
    We are all here for you! Our combined strength will get you through definitely easy peasy --and the new girls will be perfect!
  • Dot53

We are all here for you!
    We are all here for you! Our combined strength will get you through definitely easy peasy --and the new girls will be perfect!

Dear Friends..
    Thank you so much for your encouragement... as the minutes tick by I find myself getting a little more freaked out... this is my 4th breast surgery in less than a year so I am a bit scared...

Vicki Sam - I love the idea of naming them!! Laverne and Shirley how funny is that!

I hope after this I can sleep on my side again... I really miss that...

Love,
    Dot
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    If the room feels crowded on
    If the room feels crowded on Monday just smile knowing that we are all there watching! Of course at this stage of the game there is no need for modesty! Youl will come through this with flying colors~ and great boobs! It's a win-win!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Good luck Monday! The
    Good luck Monday! The waiting is the hard part! Try to keep busy till then and time will fly by.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Scooch over
    I am here, I am here.... phew what a crowd!

Sure looks like you won't be alone Dot!

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    aysemari said:

Scooch over
    I am here, I am here.... phew what a crowd!

Sure looks like you won't be alone Dot!

Hugs,
    Ayse

Dot .. Keeping you in good thoughts and
    prayers .. What time Monday, 9/27 is your surgery?

Strength and Courage:

Vicki
  • Dot53
    VickiSam said:

Dot .. Keeping you in good thoughts and
    prayers .. What time Monday, 9/27 is your surgery?

Strength and Courage:

Vicki

Hi Vicki Sam,
    My surgery is

Hi Vicki Sam,

My surgery is at 9 am...

Dot
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    you are and will be in my
    you are and will be in my thoughts! i can't relate a 100%, i didn't get implants, just a lumpectomy. you've got this in the bag though!! surgery is so nerve wrecking!

happy thought and positive energy to you

*big, big hugs!!!*
    carrie :)