similar but different on fav T.V. shows

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Stole the idea, I must admit but the other post asked what shows we were waiting for and I thought it would be fun to see what shows we all like.
Here's a few:

Deadliest Catch ( miss Capt. Phil)
Ghost Hunters
The Mentalist
Psych
The Closer
Dexter
House

I'd love to hear from you.thanks
Wanda

Comments

• Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Hi Wanda
    The only Deadliest Catch I caught was the one where Phil passed (poor choice on my part!) - But it does look good. I've heard good things about Dexter too - my daughter loves the books.
    My commute to work is 2 1/2-3 hours one way so it doesn't leave much time for tv. But here's some that I like to catch when I can carve out the time:
    House
    Lie to Me
    The Wendy Williams Show - kind of embarrassed to admit it though
    No Reservations
    Man v. Food
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

Hi Wanda
    The only Deadliest Catch I caught was the one where Phil passed (poor choice on my part!) - But it does look good. I've heard good things about Dexter too - my daughter loves the books.
    My commute to work is 2 1/2-3 hours one way so it doesn't leave much time for tv. But here's some that I like to catch when I can carve out the time:
    House
    Lie to Me
    No Reservations
    Man v. Food

I love Wendy Williams!!!
    I love Wendy Williams!!!

Grey's
    Private Practice
    Cougar Town
    Desperate Housewives
    Brothers and Sisters
    Lone Star
    Chase
    Modern Family
    Big Love
    Army Wives
    Parent Hood
    Drop Dead Diva

and many more ....................... Im a TV junkie lolllll
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    I still love you,
    I still love you, lol...anyway ideas aren't stolen here, they get shared....OK, so let's get to it...some of you are soap opera fans...I know you are...eyes on you...see you...

I can't take it anymore...the ridiculous, lame, pathetic, absurd, prepostorous, inane plots on the Young & Restless. I vowed to boycott but have and overwhelming sense of loyalty...and nosiness..so I shall continue hoping each day will be different...have to give em a 10 when they had the big cat fight in the spa...yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about...
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

I still love you,
    I still love you, lol...anyway ideas aren't stolen here, they get shared....OK, so let's get to it...some of you are soap opera fans...I know you are...eyes on you...see you...

I can't take it anymore...the ridiculous, lame, pathetic, absurd, prepostorous, inane plots on the Young & Restless. I vowed to boycott but have and overwhelming sense of loyalty...and nosiness..so I shall continue hoping each day will be different...have to give em a 10 when they had the big cat fight in the spa...yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about...

I Swear, Violet!!
    If you don't bring a smile to faces, nothing will!! (Pssssssssssssssst----don't watch soaps...I have found that if you leave them for years, and then come back, they are still doing the SAME thing...like you never left. So, I quit!)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    survives said:

I Swear, Violet!!
    If you don't bring a smile to faces, nothing will!! (Pssssssssssssssst----don't watch soaps...I have found that if you leave them for years, and then come back, they are still doing the SAME thing...like you never left. So, I quit!)

ellen, all my children,
    ellen, all my children, Oprah jeopardy, criminal minds, project runway, lie to me, house hunters, house hunters international this week with Christiane Armanpour CSI (sometimes)
  • shy violet
    survives said:

I Swear, Violet!!

And I thought I had bad
    And I thought I had bad days...one of the guys got killed on my YAR soap and went to another soap and got killed on that one too...in the same year! Now that's a bad day....
  • Lighthouse_7

Hi Wanda
    House
    Lie to Me
    No Reservations
    Man v. Food

Hi Brooklyn
    Sorry about that double post. Yeah the Phil episode was so sad. I also love No Reservations, forgot about that one. Now to admit to a great reality TV show. Can't help it love Housewives of New Jersey, they are a riot !
  • carkris

And I thought I had bad
    And I thought I had bad days...one of the guys got killed on my YAR soap and went to another soap and got killed on that one too...in the same year! Now that's a bad day....

lol,
    I also like deadliest

lol,
    I also like deadliest catch my daughter is obsessed, we went to see Sig, and the Hillsrand brothers a couple of weeks ago. I had a dream about Phil last night.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Ok, here is what I've tivo'd
    Ok, here is what I've tivo'd but I don't know what is supposed to be good this season?? Maybe someone can tell me what is new that I should record?
    House
    The Big Bang Theory
    Judge Judy (forgive me but I can't miss her--she cracks me up)
    Hoarding Buried Alive (forgive me again)
    I like American Idol but not sure when that starts back?
    Oh, and I can't forget Monsters Inside Me--I love it!
    I also have a dozen old movies (TCM) saved that I may get around to watching one day....

I am reading a great new book, "The Swan Thieves"--it is about a psychiatrist/artist who is treating a mentally ill artist who tried to destroy a museum painting. The artist won't talk so the psychiatrist is researching his life to try and figure out what is going on with him. There is much more going on, but that is it in a nutshell and I can't put it down!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    For me...
    it's The Good Wife, then The Closer, Eureka, Bones, Glee, Drop Dead Diva. Like Men of a Certain Age and My Boys. Seems like I'm watching more TV, but liking it less.

Sue
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Wanda, you'll see from my list
    that I watch way too much tv. Here goes: (I've been taping cbs soaps for over 30 years - As the World Turns just ended last week); House Hunters; Bang for Buck; Ace of Cakes; Iron Chef; The Closer; Army Wives; Desperate Housewives; Brothers & Sisters; Grey's Anatomy; Private Practice; L&O SVU; CSI orig & NY; Dr Oz & The Doctors; Dr Phil; Oprah; I'm dvr-ing Nate Berkus show & Ellen; Biggest Loser; SYTYCD; Survivor; American Idol; Big Brother; DWTS; and The Amazing Race. I'm sure I forgot some.......... I read the paper or magazines in the morning when watching and at night I crochet while watching. I'm watching Jeopardy right now! Oh, I do watch UCONN basketball & football, NY Giants, New England Patriots and the Boston Red Sox. Oh, I like The Good Wife too! I guess that about does it..... LOL
    Char
  • shy violet
    cahjah75 said:

Wanda, you'll see from my list
    that I watch way too much tv. Here goes: (I've been taping cbs soaps for over 30 years - As the World Turns just ended last week); House Hunters; Bang for Buck; Ace of Cakes; Iron Chef; The Closer; Army Wives; Desperate Housewives; Brothers & Sisters; Grey's Anatomy; Private Practice; L&O SVU; CSI orig & NY; Dr Oz & The Doctors; Dr Phil; Oprah; I'm dvr-ing Nate Berkus show & Ellen; Biggest Loser; SYTYCD; Survivor; American Idol; Big Brother; DWTS; and The Amazing Race. I'm sure I forgot some.......... I read the paper or magazines in the morning when watching and at night I crochet while watching. I'm watching Jeopardy right now! Oh, I do watch UCONN basketball & football, NY Giants, New England Patriots and the Boston Red Sox. Oh, I like The Good Wife too! I guess that about does it..... LOL
    Char

Finally a Big Brother
    Finally a Big Brother watcher! So Char were you team meow meow or who this year?
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    sbmly53 said:

For me...
    it's The Good Wife, then The Closer, Eureka, Bones, Glee, Drop Dead Diva. Like Men of a Certain Age and My Boys. Seems like I'm watching more TV, but liking it less.

Sue

These are my
    These are my favorites:
    NCIS
    NCIS Los Angeles
    Big Bang Theory
    House
    Crimminal Minds
    Doctors
    Found what my father says to be surpringly funny

I have to record everything since most times I am not home from work in time to watch them
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I love any incarnation of
    I love any incarnation of Law and Order

and then there is :

Medium
    Criminal Minds
    The Closer
    Tyler's Ultimate
    Ace of Cakes
    Barefoot Contessa
    Rachel Maddow
    Keith Olberman
    Stephen Colbert
    The Daily Show
    and David Letterman

I am really glad to be able to have On Demand~ I often either forget that something I like is coming on, or I am too sleepy to watch, or I just don't feel like it! But 3 days later in the middle of the afternoon? I can watch Medium or The Closer!

I have never watched any Reality Shows, nor any talent contests, including DWTS, American Idol, or any other show which is in any way similar to those. They simply don't interest me at all.

Oh yeah, I also like Mystery on PBS, and when the History Channel has Civil Rights era stuff, I am all over that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    chenheart said:

I love any incarnation of
    I love any incarnation of Law and Order

and then there is :

Medium
    Criminal Minds
    The Closer
    Tyler's Ultimate
    Ace of Cakes
    Barefoot Contessa
    Rachel Maddow
    Keith Olberman
    Stephen Colbert
    The Daily Show
    and David Letterman

I am really glad to be able to have On Demand~ I often either forget that something I like is coming on, or I am too sleepy to watch, or I just don't feel like it! But 3 days later in the middle of the afternoon? I can watch Medium or The Closer!

I have never watched any Reality Shows, nor any talent contests, including DWTS, American Idol, or any other show which is in any way similar to those. They simply don't interest me at all.

Oh yeah, I also like Mystery on PBS, and when the History Channel has Civil Rights era stuff, I am all over that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

just started watching the
    just started watching the big bang theory, like pawn stars, husband likes Billy the exterminator.
    just got 3 movies from barnes and noble American Grafiti, To kill a mockingbird, and One flew over the cukoos nest, havent seen them in years!
  • Lighthouse_7
    carkris said:

lol,
    I also like deadliest

lol,
    I also like deadliest catch my daughter is obsessed, we went to see Sig, and the Hillsrand brothers a couple of weeks ago. I had a dream about Phil last night.

carkris,
    I would love to

carkris,
    I would love to meet those captains. Lucky you and your daughter! Now they are Real Men! LOL
  • Lighthouse_7
    carkris said:

just started watching the
    just started watching the big bang theory, like pawn stars, husband likes Billy the exterminator.
    just got 3 movies from barnes and noble American Grafiti, To kill a mockingbird, and One flew over the cukoos nest, havent seen them in years!

I love Pawn Stars too and
    I love Pawn Stars too and American Pickers. On that note, also Antiques Roadshow ( wish I could find a gem at those yard sales)
    My husband loves Big Bang and Two and a Half Men, I like them too although I probably wouldn't have started on them if he didn't.
    Rescue Me is great although just ended.
    I have to Tivo or On Demand a lot too, never remember when anything is on. It's great when they have marathons to watch a whole season.

I have to admit I also love The Kardasians...don't know why but I can't seem to get enough of them. LOL
    I watch way too much TV too, sometimes it's a good escape.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

I love Pawn Stars too and
    I love Pawn Stars too and American Pickers. On that note, also Antiques Roadshow ( wish I could find a gem at those yard sales)
    My husband loves Big Bang and Two and a Half Men, I like them too although I probably wouldn't have started on them if he didn't.
    Rescue Me is great although just ended.
    I have to Tivo or On Demand a lot too, never remember when anything is on. It's great when they have marathons to watch a whole season.

I have to admit I also love The Kardasians...don't know why but I can't seem to get enough of them. LOL
    I watch way too much TV too, sometimes it's a good escape.

Dancing with the
    Dancing with the stars
    Jersey Shore
    House
    Greys Anatomy
    Big Bang theory
    Two and 1/2 men
    Medium
    NCIS
    Castle
    Modern family
    New adventures of Christine