My surgeon got clean margins!!!

2Floridiansisters
2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everybody, I just came back from seeing my surgeon and he was successful in the operating room, I got clean margins with my lumpectomy and 0/4 lymph nodes, they were all negative. He said I was a stage 1, but I didn't hear him mention anything about the "grade" and I didn't think to ask. I will still do the radiation in about 3 weeks and hopefully then can put all this behind me. I am so thankful for the oncologist that started me on chemo to shrink this thing, it worked great for me in my case. And thankful for putting my surgeon in my path.

I wish all of you the same success and joy and full recoveries from your breast cancer too. Thanks so much for sharing your stories with me when I was scared and new at all this.

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    So happy
    that your surgery was successful and no lymph node involvement! That's wonderful news. Hopefully rads will go smoothly too!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Very happy
    to hear your good news. Hopefully rads will be a piece of cake for you. Congrats and enjoy.

marge
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    good for you!
    how wonderful that you got good news. i am hoping for the same, except that we already know the lymph nodes are involved. i have my first follow-up tomorrow.

hope you are able to celebrate!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    heidijez said:

good for you!
    how wonderful that you got good news. i am hoping for the same, except that we already know the lymph nodes are involved. i have my first follow-up tomorrow.

hope you are able to celebrate!

Yea! Good for you!
    You must be dancing on air! Good job girlfriend!

Hugs, Judy :-D
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Sooo Happy for You!!! Make
    Sooo Happy for You!!! Make sure you do the happy dance...Do you live in Florida? Maybe you can PM me because I need an onc in FL now that I am living here...love, shy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sooo Happy for You!!! Make
    Sooo Happy for You!!! Make sure you do the happy dance...Do you live in Florida? Maybe you can PM me because I need an onc in FL now that I am living here...love, shy

congratulations!!!! makes
    congratulations!!!! makes all the work worth it for such good news!!!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    carkris said:

congratulations!!!! makes
    congratulations!!!! makes all the work worth it for such good news!!!

such good news!!!
    so happy for you!!

xo
    Victoria
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Congratulations on your good news!
    Best of luck for clear sailing through rads and perfect health from here on out!
    Michele
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Best of luck for clear sailing through rads and perfect health from here on out!
    Michele

Congratulations! Wonderful and exciting news ....
    Keep us posted ..

Vicki Sam
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

Michele

Happy to hear
    Happy to hear the results. God bless.
    Marsha
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Happy to hear
    Happy to hear the results. God bless.
    Marsha

YI*PPEEEEE
    Did you have the chemo first?
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Outstanding news! So happy
    Outstanding news! So happy to hear your margins are clear and no node involvement. Happy to hear chemo did its job and shrank the tumors. Good luck on your road to recovery!
    BL
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member

Outstanding news! So happy
    Outstanding news! So happy to hear your margins are clear and no node involvement. Happy to hear chemo did its job and shrank the tumors. Good luck on your road to recovery!
    BL

Yay. This is really great
    Yay. This is really great news. Enjoy your accomplishment.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Thats awesome news
    Thats awesome news floridiansis...clear margins with no nodes envolved...Wooooo Hooooo!!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Ronda, that is GREAT news!!
    Ronda, that is GREAT news!! The rads are doable and soon you will have completed your treatments. Now, go celebrate and rest up for the next phase. You will do just fine. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    MyTurnNow said:

Ronda, that is GREAT news!!
    Ronda, that is GREAT news!! The rads are doable and soon you will have completed your treatments. Now, go celebrate and rest up for the next phase. You will do just fine. Keep us posted on your progress.

HAPPY for you!!
    So happy for your great news! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Great News! Go out an
    Great News! Go out an celebrate.
    Sparkle
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Woo hoo!!!
    Glad to hear it. Great news.