Exercies

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How long after surgery can you start your usual exercise routine? Will the feeling of "tiredness" go away after a week?

Comments

• hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    What type of surgery did you
    What type of surgery did you have? I had a bilateral in May with expanders and reconstruction. After my mastectomy, I did the exercises reccomended by my surgeon and that was enough. Anything strenuous or heavy to lift (particularly over my head lifting)threw my chest into muscle spasms which required valium to calm them. This was primarily due to the awful expanders I believe. I had my exchange surgery 4 weeks ago and my PS released me to do whatever I felt comfortable doing. He said to take it slow and stop if it hurts. I would call your doctor and get specific information from him. You don't want to try and do too much too soon and make things worse. Just take it easy and let your body heal.

Good luck to you,
    Laura
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    after my bilateral mastectomy I did some pt that I had been doing for broken shoulders. My surgeon would not let me ride my recumbent bike for at least 6 weeks. Now that I've had 3 chemo treatments I find some days I have no energy for anything. You have to take it one day at a time and see what you feel your body can withstand.
    {{hugs}} Char