Pathology

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good News...Pathology results..Stage 1 BC...clean, will need some radiation treatments; Chemo may not be necessary! Now...what is radiation like?

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes!
    Good news! Will hope for no chemo. :-)

Rads causes fatigue, for sure. Maybe skin issues. For skin - use only products approved by your rad onc.

With best wishes as you move forward along your journey, and...

Kind regards, Susan
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Great news on the path
    Great news on the path report. How many rad cycles are u going to get? I got 33(6wks) after chemo, so my skin was very sensitive already and it got burned pretty bad towards the 4 week. But everyone is different. Hope you are too.

Lupe
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Yes!
    Good news! Will hope for no chemo. :-)

Rads causes fatigue, for sure. Maybe skin issues. For skin - use only products approved by your rad onc.

With best wishes as you move forward along your journey, and...

Kind regards, Susan

YEA!
    That is good news. Rads was not to bad for me just finished Sept. 7th. I did have some fatigue but I only had to drive about 50 miles round trip and I know some women have to travel farther. I did burn a little but it was right at the end of my 6 wks. and I never had to miss a tx. because of it. Use the creams they give you or tell you to get. I could not use them 4-6 hrs. before tx. Wear an old bra and T-shirt at first because they mark you up and it will rub off on clothes. My techs were great and I actually missed them when I was through. Rest when you can. Best of luck with rads. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Jean that is great news on
    Jean that is great news on the path report and better yet no chemo...thats awesome!!!
    I had chemo and not rads...so i cant help you on that but your getting some good responses from those that do know...good luck to ya!