rads started a day early!

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
yesterday I went for the 'film day' prior to starting rads. But when I got there they said they would do the films and then do treatment #1......ok, I did say I wanted to get this on the fast track, didn't I? So, for those waiting to start rads......no big deal so far...... the filming took long, but the rad treatment itself went very quickly. Today I am on schedule for #2 and then see the rad onc tomorrow after treatment. I know several of you are starting your rads today........good luck and keep us posted how you are doing....

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Cavediver, that's one day
    Cavediver, that's one day closer to the finish line. We'll all be there waiting for you. Good luck.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    MyTurnNow said:

Cavediver, that's one day
    Cavediver, that's one day closer to the finish line. We'll all be there waiting for you. Good luck.

Thats right one day closer
    Thats right one day closer to being done!! Yea!! God bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    that is great!!!
    I start next week...can't wait to get it started and done. Good luck cavediver!!!!
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Keep on keepin on...
    Don't forget hydrate and keep skin regimen faithfully...mine was using lanolin and I felt like a walking ball of snot...but we made it through...oh and don't forget, not to worry about throwing up or the big D...as my rad tech said, anything you can think of has already been done on this table...huh?!? Eewww...thanks for sharing...love, shy
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    can't wait until i'm that
    can't wait until i'm that far along!! congratulations!!! glad you're nearing the finish line.

*hugs*

carrie :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cavediver
    glad you got through day 1 and the filming. Hope the rest goes well too!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    cream
    I started my radiation yesterday. Should they have given me a special moisturizing cream by now? Or doesn't that start until later?
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    linpsu said:

cream
    I started my radiation yesterday. Should they have given me a special moisturizing cream by now? Or doesn't that start until later?

I used the aquaphor even
    I used the aquaphor even before starting rads to condition my skin, I got pink, slightly sore at the end wearing a bra, just switched to a cami, braless at home. I did poorly during chemo but rads was pretty good for me. hope the smae for all of you starting.
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    linpsu said:

cream

not sure how large an area
    not sure how large an area they are radiating but I had huge area...they started day one with skin plan...you may want to ask...struggled with aquaphor not strong enough...but you see my surgery was to the bone so I had no fat and knew going it it would be harsh towards the last few weeks. Just remember we are all different.
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    linpsu
    they did not give me cream until day 4..... told to use 3x a day. So far, I am not getting pink or sore or anything. they did say they would change the cream as time went on... but I do have aquophor at home, and may add that to regime if needed at night.
    Good luck with your rads..........let me know how things go...
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cavediver said:

linpsu
    they did not give me cream until day 4..... told to use 3x a day. So far, I am not getting pink or sore or anything. they did say they would change the cream as time went on... but I do have aquophor at home, and may add that to regime if needed at night.
    Good luck with your rads..........let me know how things go...

I also continue to
    I also continue to moisturize. I actually have had my whole chest radiated. this time my right side and supraclavicular nodes. Anyway, I cant speak for others, but I figured what the heck? cant hurt. I wore the tee shirts recommended here I think by Traci, and slathered with aquaphor, did nt wear it before, but put it on in the changing room after. It felt good to get through something without the trauma I went through with chemo.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hope you are doing well cavediver
    Will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Hugs, Jean