ACID Vs ALKALINE
The reason is that body acidity is related to many health issues including cancer. You can do your own search for more info but I have pasted in an extract which explains the reasoning. While this is not given as THE reason or cause of Cancer, it is another contributing factor, and one we can control and hence improve our health and encourage a better recovery. We do this by eating alkaline forming foods and reduce acid forming foods. (see below)
You can easily test you bodies acidity with the small Litmus test strips you can get from your Pharmacy/ Drugstore. They come in a little booklet with may 40 strips and a 'Color Chart' to tell you your pH. you simple take one little strip and 'pee' on it . The strip will change color and you then use the chart to see your pH. Very easy.
I am interested if anyone can start testing and also monitor any changes and to express any benefit if such changes were achieved i.e. going from Acid to alkaline - which is the goal. It would also be interesting see how many people are in fact 'Acidic'.
Here is the Explanation:
There are two types of acid and alkaline foods:
1) Acid or alkaline foods, meaning how much acid or alkaline the foods contain.
2) Acid or alkaline 'forming' foods, meaning the pH condition foods cause in the body after being digested.
Acidic conditions inhibit nerve action whereas alkalinity stimulates nerve action. Cold showers make the blood alkaline, while hot showers make the blood acid. A balanced diet helps to maintain the pH balance of the blood. Results however take more than a couple of days to show up. If blood develops a more acidic condition, then the body will inevitably deposit the excess acid to another area of the body so that the blood will be able to maintain an alkaline condition. As this cycle continues, these areas will increase in acidity and some cells will die. The dead cells will then turn into acids.
Some cells may adapt and instead of dying as normal cells do in a acid environment, they will survive by becoming abnormal. These abnormal cells are known as malignant cells. Malignant cells do not correspond with brain function nor with our DNA memory code. Malignant cells grow indefinitely and without order. This is cancer, and cancer develops in the following stages:
1. The ingestion of numerous acid forming foods, fatty foods, refined foods, carcinogenic substances such as nitrates, and chemically treated foods. X-ray scans also contribute.
2. Constipation is increased.
3. An increase of acidity in the blood. This stage causes an increase of white cells and a decrease of red cells, which is the beginning of leukemia.
4. An increase of acidity in the extra cellular fluids.
5. An increase of acidity into the intracellular fluids.
6. The birth of malignant cells. This stage of cancer is known as 'initiation'.
7. Further ingestion of multiple acid foods. Traditional treatment includes high levels of radiation, chemicals and drugs. This stage is called 'cancer promotion'
- All Discussion Boards
- 6 CSN Information
- 6 Welcome to CSN
- 121.4K Cancer specific
- 2.8K Anal Cancer
- 442 Bladder Cancer
- 307 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28.5K Breast Cancer
- 394 Childhood Cancers
- 27.9K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.6K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.9K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.3K Kidney Cancer
- 669 Leukemia
- 788 Liver Cancer
- 4.1K Lung Cancer
- 5.1K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 234 Multiple Myeloma
- 7.1K Ovarian Cancer
- 55 Pancreatic Cancer
- 487 Peritoneal Cancer
- 5.3K Prostate Cancer
- 1.2K Rare and Other Cancers
- 533 Sarcoma
- 715 Skin Cancer
- 646 Stomach Cancer
- 190 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.8K Uterine/Endometrial Cancer
- 6.3K Lifestyle Discussion Boards