I am gonna be on the radio

roseyposey333
roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My local radio station is celebrating October as Breast Cancer Awareness month and asked if some people from my Cancer Center would like to speak on the radio and they will play it all during the month of October. How cool is that.. I was asked to speak about yoga and breast cancer since I am in the yoga group at my cancer center and love it.

Any advice on what to say or how to say it. This is my second time on the radio, the last time was when I was 6 years old and my mom took me with her to our local radio station where they were interviewing her regarding charity work she did and they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said a Nurse. That never happened but it was fun to listen to my little girl voice later on since my mom kept the tape. Wonder where it is now, ahh well.

Wish me luck, R

Comments

• shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Rosey, You will be
    Rosey, You will be great...just stay with your gentle, supportive, upbeat discussions. What I hope is that people will see cancer is becoming chronic, not always a death sentence...also let's reach out to the men with BC? Have fun, love, shy
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Rosey
    How cool! What a great opportunity! All I can suggest is to speak with your heart, the words will come. Personally, I feel that Yoga, or any other form of exercise that reduces stress or helps to keep the Immune System strong is a great way to keep Cancer away!
    Wish you lots of luck! Let us know how it goes.
    ♥ Cat
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Rosey
    how cool is that! I'm sure that you'll do just fine. Be yourself. You Go Girl :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Good luck Rosey!! Awesome of
    Good luck Rosey!! Awesome of you to volunteer to speak up on the radio, as well, to give us all a voice! I'm right with you doing my share to bring awareness to breast cancer in October -the interview with mom & I went well last week.
    Ahh yoga -i LOVE yoga...i just can't find ANY energy to get back into the swing of it..i do manage some back stretches daily but that's about it :(
    As far as what to say -mom & I took our personal stories to try & reach out to people: my moms 60 yrs old & has a mammogram every year -i believe her mammogram saved her life. And I found my lump doing a self exam & pushed on to get another Dr. to order a mammogram for me, when my family practicioner wanted to take a "wait and see" approach -so mom talked about the importance of regular mammograms & I talked about self exams and being our best health advocate.
    I'm sure you will do just great whatever you say!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • roseyposey333
    roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68

Good luck Rosey!! Awesome of
    Good luck Rosey!! Awesome of you to volunteer to speak up on the radio, as well, to give us all a voice! I'm right with you doing my share to bring awareness to breast cancer in October -the interview with mom & I went well last week.
    Ahh yoga -i LOVE yoga...i just can't find ANY energy to get back into the swing of it..i do manage some back stretches daily but that's about it :(
    As far as what to say -mom & I took our personal stories to try & reach out to people: my moms 60 yrs old & has a mammogram every year -i believe her mammogram saved her life. And I found my lump doing a self exam & pushed on to get another Dr. to order a mammogram for me, when my family practicioner wanted to take a "wait and see" approach -so mom talked about the importance of regular mammograms & I talked about self exams and being our best health advocate.
    I'm sure you will do just great whatever you say!
    *hugs*
    Heather

THANK YOU SWEET LADIES
    So I got up early and left in time to get out in time to sit in traffic, there was an accident so I was 15 minutes late.
    It worked out though since there were 4 other women ahead of me who spoke about breast cancer and their experiences.

When I sat in the BIG chair and saw the microphone in my face I got a bit nervous so I made one mistake in my little speech but the radio personality was so sweet and said ok let's take 2.

All went well and they will start broadcasting starting this Monday so I will be listening 24/7 to the station. How fun and a great promotion for what cancer is today, just as you all said it's not a death sentence anymore.

Thanks for your support, R
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Rosey, you are going to be
    Rosey, you are going to be awesome, because you have a beautiful voice and because you will have all of us with us and will be speaking for us! Our combined strength will be with you! Fight on Fellow Warrior!