Anyone in the NYC area Conference Sept 20

miss maggie
miss maggie Member Posts: 929
Hi, Just wondering if anyone is living in the NYC area. If so, there is a conference on Sept 20 at the Weill Greenberg Center at 6:30 PM. If you will be attending, please email me. Perhaps we can meet up.

Dr. John P. Leonard will be the moderator. Also, I was thinking of switching to one of the doctors that will be speaking at this conference. His only specility is Lymphoma's.

Maggie tcfcmaggie@aol.com

Comments

• miss maggie
    anyone living in the NYC area
    Hi, maybe my email was confusing. My name is Maggie, but my email address is tcfcmaggie@aol.com Not maggietcfcmaggie@aol.com
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

anyone living in the NYC area
    Hi, maybe my email was confusing. My name is Maggie, but my email address is tcfcmaggie@aol.com Not maggietcfcmaggie@aol.com

CONFERENCE
    Maggie, How did the conf. go and what is the latest
    ? John
  • miss maggie
    COBRA666 said:

CONFERENCE
    Maggie, How did the conf. go and what is the latest
    ? John

Back from conference
    Hello John and others,

The conference at NY Presbyterian Hospital(annex Weill Greenberg Center) on sept 20 went well. I met many people DX with some form of lymphoma. There was this one woman 10 years from DX that never had treatment. She refused the the usual, Rituxan early on. She informed me Rituxan is made from RAT. Yes, RAT. She looks great, but she is now at Stage 4, mets all over.

I met others with different stages, large B Cell and follicular, etc. All have had their struggles, but at this time doing extremely well. The jist of what I have learned as you very well know, there is many treatments out there. Also, there are many trials going on. I will list the speakers, who are doctors at NY Presbyterian who specialize in all forms of Lymphoma. Meg Harrison from The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was there also. Not that I recemend anyone travel to NYC, But, instead go to the following doctors website, and also find info at the NY Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell) website.

John P Leonard, MD - Rebecca Elstrom, MD - Richard Furman, MD - Peter Martin, MD

John stay well, sorry to hear Vinnie has had his struggles with being out of breath. A side effect of chemo.

Keep the faith all. Maggie