Marines911 Thinking of You

shy violet
shy violet Member Posts: 167
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thinking of you and hoping you and your wife are doing okay...Also wanted to take a moment to thank you for your service and for protecting us and our great country. Let us know if we can help in any way. Love, Shy

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Hi shy
    I saw him post under a tnbc title just today. He and the wife are still fighting according to his post. God bless them both!
  • marines911
    marines911 Member Posts: 68
    THANK YOU
    Thank you so much for thinking of us. I proudly serve and there is no need to thank me, but I appreciate the gratitude. I have updated my wife's status and I hope that you are all doing well and my family prays for everyone on this board.

Thanks again.
  • marines911
    marines911 Member Posts: 68

Hi shy
    I saw him post under a tnbc title just today. He and the wife are still fighting according to his post. God bless them both!

THANK YOU
    Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We always pray and have not given up hope, even though it is really hard not to.
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123

THANK YOU
    Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We always pray and have not given up hope, even though it is really hard not to.

Hang in there
    Best wishes to your wife, you and your family. Thank you for your service!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184

THANK YOU
    Thank you so much for thinking of us. I proudly serve and there is no need to thank me, but I appreciate the gratitude. I have updated my wife's status and I hope that you are all doing well and my family prays for everyone on this board.

Thanks again.

There is a big reason to
    There is a big reason to thank our service men. Were would we all be with out you.. So thank you. We are all proud of ever one of you. My prayers are always with you and your wife. Stay strong Kay.
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Hope
    Glad you are not giving up. I'm just praying for the scientists; that they can find the cure. I just hope something comes along soon enough to help your wife.

Here is an article about a breast cancer vaccine that sounds promising (even though they are having problems with the financing of it).

By Shravya Jain

BANGALORE, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX.O) said it would go it alone on the development of its lead cancer vaccine, after partner Pfizer (PFE.N) pulled out saying the program was no longer a strategic priority for the drug giant.

Though Pfizer's pull out sent Celldex's stock crashing to a life low, analysts said they were confident the company could advance the vaccine into late-stage trials without a partner.

"As much as people are saying that Pfizer didn't believe in the drug, (Pfizer) didn't really say that. It just has different priorities," WBB Securities analyst Steve Brozak said.

Needham & Co analyst Mark Monane said despite a higher financial risk, the execution risk for the drug's development has not increased as Celldex has the experience and the resources to take it forward.

"Celldex can bring the drug into Phase 3 in the first half of 2011," Monane said.

In May, the company said data from a mid-stage trial of the vaccine, called CDX-110, showed progression-free survival for 70 percent of the patients afflicted with a type of brain tumor, and claimed the results were 40 percent better than the current standard of care. [ID:nN20241460]

Celldex's CDX-110 is an immunotherapy vaccine -- the drug targets a molecule that is present only in tumor cells. The vaccine is similar to Dendreon's (DNDN.O) Provenge -- the only FDA approved cancer vaccine, which treats advanced prostate cancer.

"We don't need a partner going forward. We plan on pushing (the vaccine rindopepimut) into Phase 3 ourselves," Celldex Chief Executive Anthony Marucci said, adding that the company would need to raise money at "some point" to complete the study.

Brean Murray, Carret & Co analyst Jonathan Aschoff expects the trial to cost less than $50 million.

Celldex, with a market value of about $146.7 million, had cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $65.8 million as of June 30.

On a conference call with analysts, CEO Marucci said the company will now need to hire more people on the clinical side.