So. Cal Warriors -- October 10th - Costa Mesa - 'Making Strides Against Breast Cancer' walk ... S

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just throwing this out there .. I recall talking about this walk during our lucheon back on 8/28 .. I WILL be there, however my 18 year old daughter, Alexandra aka Sasha will be walking in my place, as I am scheduled for yet again ... another breast surgery 9/29 - my last one --- I hope, as my health insurance is out the very next day 9/30/10... Talk about cutting it close - hahaha

Bella Luna, Cindy Flynn, Sally5, Hope, Faith, and ...., Did I miss anyone .. Miss New Flower coming to join me on the side lines ?

Traci and Trace - moving that week-end as I recall ...

Let me know ..

Strength, Courage and Hope ..to all my fellow WARRIORS

Vicki Sam

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Vicki
    I wish I would meet your daughter Sasha ... Miss New Flower is having unexpected development such as swollen lymph node under armpit. WTF!!! I will be having mamo and ultrasound next week. While I have been positive, still feel little crazy. Went shopping to Manhattan Beach Village and bought a new Soma bra and 20 piece silverware set made in France. Nothing really helps to take the sh!!! out of mind

What kind of surgery on 9/29?

Hugs,
    New Flower
  • VickiSam

Vicki
    I wish I would meet your daughter Sasha ... Miss New Flower is having unexpected development such as swollen lymph node under armpit. WTF!!! I will be having mamo and ultrasound next week. While I have been positive, still feel little crazy. Went shopping to Manhattan Beach Village and bought a new Soma bra and 20 piece silverware set made in France. Nothing really helps to take the sh!!! out of mind

What kind of surgery on 9/29?

Hugs,
    New Flower

I am so sorry about swollen lymph node under your arm ...
    is this something that recently developed? Concern for you .. I recall you mentioning ultra sound at St. Joseph's ? .. is this coming up this week? If it is, I will be at St. Joe's on Tuesday for my pre-op appt'mt and testing.

Surgery on 9/29 is correct .. my right (non-cancer breast) drop. 2 hour surgery .. Sucks big time to go under, yet again...

Let me know...

Strength ... and less frustration

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    VickiSam said:

I am so sorry about swollen lymph node under your arm ...
    is this something that recently developed? Concern for you .. I recall you mentioning ultra sound at St. Joseph's ? .. is this coming up this week? If it is, I will be at St. Joe's on Tuesday for my pre-op appt'mt and testing.

Surgery on 9/29 is correct .. my right (non-cancer breast) drop. 2 hour surgery .. Sucks big time to go under, yet again...

Let me know...

Strength ... and less frustration

Vicki Sam

New stuff
    Sorry, that you have to go through the surgery again.
    Seems this BC never ends. But it will for sure.
    As swollen node it is a very recent development, came last Friday during my check up. She wants to do mamo & ultrasound on my other side next week. UCLA. She does not think anything bad, but just to be sure. Still I wish I would have a better news for weekend. I try hard think positive. I also got my Zoladex shot too.
    Hugs
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

New stuff
    Sorry, that you have to go through the surgery again.
    Seems this BC never ends. But it will for sure.
    As swollen node it is a very recent development, came last Friday during my check up. She wants to do mamo & ultrasound on my other side next week. UCLA. She does not think anything bad, but just to be sure. Still I wish I would have a better news for weekend. I try hard think positive. I also got my Zoladex shot too.
    Hugs

Big hug to New Flower
    Дорогая, I'm SO sorry to hear you're having to go through more tests and worry, on top of everything else you have going on in your life....a big hug and very positive thoughts coming your way that it's nothing, and you can go back to shopping just for FUN!

What day this week is your mammogram and ultrasound? Please let us know, and keep us posted on how things go.

VickiSam, you have a good memory -- yes, that weekend is Moving Day for me. After 17 years in the same apartment, it's already becoming an archeological excavation -- I wouldn't be surprised if I find the Holy Grail somewhere in all this!

Traci
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Vicki... I like your
    Vicki... I like your wordage. I like so much I am going to use it, if you don't mind. I wish you and New Flower strength and courage. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Yes, I remember CindyFlynn saying she was going to participate in the Costa Mesa Walk. I would like to join the group. I have to make arrangements with my family before committing myself to this worthy cause. So wonderful to hear your daughter, Sasha, is going to walk for you. She will do you and us Sisters in Pink Proud!
    BL
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'll be there!
    So glad you posted this, VickiSam!

Since I started back to school two weeks ago, I've been spending most of my time on the computer doing homework. I'm also sooooooooo sleepy lately! My hubby was gone on a fishing trip this weekend, so I decided to just not set the alarm to see if I could catch up on my sleep. I slept from about 9:30PM to 8:30 the next morning, and then took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I was still plenty tired enough to go to sleep again at 10:30 last night and sleep 'till about 7:00 this morning.

I'm definitely going to be there, and so glad I will get to meet your daughter. I hope some of the others will be able to make it as well.

New Flower - I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Traci - Good luck on your move - I HATE moving!

Love to all,
    Cindy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

I'll be there!
    So glad you posted this, VickiSam!

Since I started back to school two weeks ago, I've been spending most of my time on the computer doing homework. I'm also sooooooooo sleepy lately! My hubby was gone on a fishing trip this weekend, so I decided to just not set the alarm to see if I could catch up on my sleep. I slept from about 9:30PM to 8:30 the next morning, and then took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I was still plenty tired enough to go to sleep again at 10:30 last night and sleep 'till about 7:00 this morning.

I'm definitely going to be there, and so glad I will get to meet your daughter. I hope some of the others will be able to make it as well.

New Flower - I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Traci - Good luck on your move - I HATE moving!

Love to all,
    Cindy

So nice to hear from you, Cindy!
    I knew you were busy with school (and there are only so many hours in a day -- if you want to sleep, that is!)...but I still missed seeing you here!

New Flower, I'm moving in with my girlfriend and her kids -- she has a house just 3 miles away, so we'll still be in the Valley. It's not a big move geographically -- but, after living alone for nearly 20 years, it's a HUGE move psychologically and emotionally.

Part of the reason I'm moving is that, after being together for 8 years, it's time. But some of it is that I'm not recovering from treatment as quickly or completely as I'd like to think I am, so we decided together that it'll be better for all of us for me not to live alone. Once I get moved and settled, I know it will be a good move for me.

Traci
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    TraciInLA said:

So nice to hear from you, Cindy!
    I knew you were busy with school (and there are only so many hours in a day -- if you want to sleep, that is!)...but I still missed seeing you here!

New Flower, I'm moving in with my girlfriend and her kids -- she has a house just 3 miles away, so we'll still be in the Valley. It's not a big move geographically -- but, after living alone for nearly 20 years, it's a HUGE move psychologically and emotionally.

Part of the reason I'm moving is that, after being together for 8 years, it's time. But some of it is that I'm not recovering from treatment as quickly or completely as I'd like to think I am, so we decided together that it'll be better for all of us for me not to live alone. Once I get moved and settled, I know it will be a good move for me.

Traci

Vicki Good thoughts for
    Vicki Good thoughts for good surgery
    New Flower Good thoughts for the tests to all be good
    Traci We moved after 33 years in our house. Went from 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with both a living room and family room and a packed garage to a one bedroom apartment. Like you, it was the right move for us. I think I had the Holy Grail (sold it at the yard sale) but I didn't have the Ark of the Covenant so perhaps you will undercover it. After all the work of packing, downsizing, and settling was done, it was the best move we could have made. I hope that you end up as happy with your move as we are. Being with your girlfriend and her kids will be the best think for you. Surrounded by those that love you is the best medicine.
    Cindy Nice to hear from you and that your are busy with school and life.
    Stef
  • New Flower
    TraciInLA said:

Big hug to New Flower
    Дорогая, I'm SO sorry to hear you're having to go through more tests and worry, on top of everything else you have going on in your life....a big hug and very positive thoughts coming your way that it's nothing, and you can go back to shopping just for FUN!

What day this week is your mammogram and ultrasound? Please let us know, and keep us posted on how things go.

VickiSam, you have a good memory -- yes, that weekend is Moving Day for me. After 17 years in the same apartment, it's already becoming an archeological excavation -- I wouldn't be surprised if I find the Holy Grail somewhere in all this!

Traci

Traci - where are you going?
    I did not know that you are moving. It is a tough task even it is a very exiting event. Congratulations!!!

Спасибо за заботу. лимфатическии узел 1 см это неожиданныи сюрприз. Thank you for big hug. I actually need hugs and want them desperately making my husband's life difficult.. This new unexpected development on unaffected side has happened on Friday at 4:30 PM and left me wonder for weekend. I do not have a schedule for ultrasound yet since everything was already closed for weekend. I will keep you posted.
    Cheers.

New Flower
  • VickiSam
    fauxma said:

Vicki Good thoughts for
    Vicki Good thoughts for good surgery
    New Flower Good thoughts for the tests to all be good
    Traci We moved after 33 years in our house. Went from 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with both a living room and family room and a packed garage to a one bedroom apartment. Like you, it was the right move for us. I think I had the Holy Grail (sold it at the yard sale) but I didn't have the Ark of the Covenant so perhaps you will undercover it. After all the work of packing, downsizing, and settling was done, it was the best move we could have made. I hope that you end up as happy with your move as we are. Being with your girlfriend and her kids will be the best think for you. Surrounded by those that love you is the best medicine.
    Cindy Nice to hear from you and that your are busy with school and life.
    Stef

Warrior Sisters -- Thank you all for the warm wishes
    and prayers. Nice to know that I will be seeing several of you again on the 10th!

New Flower, Traci and Trace are in my thoughts and prayers - Good Luck to you all..

Bella Luna (time,family permitting), Cindy, Sasha and Sally5 .. sounds like a dream team to me.... I of course will be on the side lines sipping my coffee and cheering you all on.. A big hug will await each and every one of you ladies at the finish line.

Vicki Sam
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    VickiSam said:

Warrior Sisters -- Thank you all for the warm wishes
    and prayers. Nice to know that I will be seeing several of you again on the 10th!

New Flower, Traci and Trace are in my thoughts and prayers - Good Luck to you all..

Bella Luna (time,family permitting), Cindy, Sasha and Sally5 .. sounds like a dream team to me.... I of course will be on the side lines sipping my coffee and cheering you all on.. A big hug will await each and every one of you ladies at the finish line.

Vicki Sam

Can't make it, but I'll send
    all good thoughts and warm wishes that you have a great day.

Vicki: Good luck with surgery, hope it works out well for you.
    New Flower: Sending good thoughts and prayers.
    Traci and Trace: Good luck with the move and take good care of each other.

Wish I could come up! Take pictures again.

xoxoxo
    Victoria
  • VickiSam
    aisling8 said:

Can't make it, but I'll send
    all good thoughts and warm wishes that you have a great day.

Vicki: Good luck with surgery, hope it works out well for you.
    New Flower: Sending good thoughts and prayers.
    Traci and Trace: Good luck with the move and take good care of each other.

Wish I could come up! Take pictures again.

xoxoxo
    Victoria

Nice to hear from you, our Victoria ..
    Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods (just a little drive from me). How's hubby's new job?

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    VickiSam said:

Nice to hear from you, our Victoria ..
    Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods (just a little drive from me). How's hubby's new job?

Vicki Sam

it is nice to hear
    from California girls. I am glad that everyone is busy and have exciting plans.
    Thank you for your good wishes . My appointment for mammogram and ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday. My husband is going to go with me. I will probably take Ativan tonight.
    Cheers,
    New Flower