from fry pan to fire........

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
2 weeks ago had my last (#8 TAC) chemo infusion....today was first day I could actually stand up sraight and walk without extreme pain! Today I also went for CT Simulation for rads........tomorrow I go for x-ray alignment, and the Rads start on Wednesday this week....just 2 1/2 weeks since finishing chemo......but I feel like today I can honestly say I climbed out of the dark tunnel. And even though this is jumping from the fry pan into the fire...it is by my request to the Oncs that I want to get this show on the road and Git R Done asap! I am so ready to continue the battle, or do whatever it takes!!!! I will keep you posted on how things go. They told me 35 rad treatments........so Weds...here I come #1 :-)

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Good for you!
    Glad to hear things are moving along in your treatment, I know 35 seems like a lot but its doable and will be done before you know it. Be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest as rads do tend to make you tired, avoid direct sunlight (sunburn issues)and use lots of sun screen, I used pure aloe vera for any burning as well as sween creme. You're going to do great, keep us posted.

RE
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Keep climbing over those
    Keep climbing over those stepping stones! Oh...remember again to hydrate throughout and keep up with skin care regimen...and you might run in to some men too...umm, they often have prostrate cancer and tend to give you a very detailed account of their rad and side effects...they were sweet as can be but you just have to be patient with them...also remember no sneezing, itching of nose during the actual rad...and bring us lots of funny stories...you will definitely have them...love and huggsss, shy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Keep climbing over those
    Keep climbing over those stepping stones! Oh...remember again to hydrate throughout and keep up with skin care regimen...and you might run in to some men too...umm, they often have prostrate cancer and tend to give you a very detailed account of their rad and side effects...they were sweet as can be but you just have to be patient with them...also remember no sneezing, itching of nose during the actual rad...and bring us lots of funny stories...you will definitely have them...love and huggsss, shy

and no more climbing out of
    and no more climbing out of the chemo tunnel :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cavediver
    you survived the horrible chemo schedule and you will survive the rads. Just follow the skin care routine and be kind to yourself. I wish you the best!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Does your center have beds?
    Does your center have beds? I was taking chemo (2 doses left) when they started my rads. Sat in chair after rads and they started the chemo. I passed out and had terrible back pain. I have 2 bulging discs and siatic nerve pain from discs. For my last chemo/rad treatment they put me to bed. Passed right out and they even let me sleep it off. lol Stayed extra hr sleeping after they came in and took needle out. I didnt even noticed. No back pain. Maybe you could do that. Katz
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Katz77 said:

Does your center have beds?
    Does your center have beds? I was taking chemo (2 doses left) when they started my rads. Sat in chair after rads and they started the chemo. I passed out and had terrible back pain. I have 2 bulging discs and siatic nerve pain from discs. For my last chemo/rad treatment they put me to bed. Passed right out and they even let me sleep it off. lol Stayed extra hr sleeping after they came in and took needle out. I didnt even noticed. No back pain. Maybe you could do that. Katz

moving right along
    Sounds like you're moving right along with everything! Good luck with the rads, GO GET 'EM!
    Keep the attitude and best wishes to you. Marsha
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Go girl!
    We're all cheering you on brave sister! I like your attitude!

Believe it or not, the rads go by pretty quick and for me, wasn't half as bad as Chemo.

Keeping you and all in daily prayer,

Sylvia
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Me too
    I start radiation on Wednesday also! We'll have to keep in touch to compare our experiences.

I had A/C then Taxol, mastectomy in July, physical therapy to get my arm to move above my head, and now radiation. Like you said, let's "git 'r done"!

Linda
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    I will also start my rads
    I will also start my rads tomorrow. I have 35 treatments too. It's been a month since my last chemo so I'm ready for the next phase. I agree let's get this show on the road. Good luck and I'll keep posting on my experiences.
    Sparkle
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Fry Pan to Fry Pan
    You did it. Really, it's not the fire, although RADs IS another fry pan. : } Hold on. The next month and a half will be over before you know it! xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Wow - you had a long break -
    Wow - you had a long break - I had 1 week between last chemo and first rad.

It won't be long til the rads are over and it'll seem like yesterday you started them. I did 25 rads and just recently gave rides to someone else for 35 rads for brain cancer - they said the last day that it seemed like had just started also. Time flies.

Susan
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    I am glad that things are
    I am glad that things are moving along and you are starting to feel more comfortable. Rads are much easier than chemo. Keep that fighting spirit and you will soon be back to a more normal life again. I will be thinking of you on wednesday!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    You are a true inspiration to me
    The first thing I thought when I read you post was "Wow" we can all learn from your strength. You really do have allot of inner strength. Can I barrow some LOL, You go girl. I wish you all the best, My prayers are with you all the way. And you will make it in style. Take care Kay,
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

You are a true inspiration to me
    The first thing I thought when I read you post was "Wow" we can all learn from your strength. You really do have allot of inner strength. Can I barrow some LOL, You go girl. I wish you all the best, My prayers are with you all the way. And you will make it in style. Take care Kay,

Go, go, go!
    and be done! It's amazing what you've done so far and it must feel good to have come out the end of that tunnel.

I hope the radiation is much easier than the chemo - I've heard it is. You're on the downhill slope.

Best wishes-
    Suzanne